Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live from New York with Isafari with updates

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, after a few mishaps and two damaged planes we arrived in New York this afternoon. We were through security in record time and, just as we got to the conveyor belt our cases were there. Went for the taxi and only one other couple were in front of us. I knew we had arrived because within two minutes our driver had been honked at and shown the finger!

Will always remember our very first sight of NY skyline, pointing out the Crysler and Empire State building etc. We arrived at the Hotel Metro in no time on a lovely warm sunny day. When we got to our room they had taken into account my requests - top floor with view of ESB. We are only two blocks from ESB. Room very adequate with complimentary soft drinks and water in fridge. Also free breakfast in the morning and free wifi - typing this ever so slowly on PlayBook.

Lights have just come on at ESB.

We just had a walk around today as we are pretty tired. Went to Maceys and looked in a few shops. Had photo taken with Smurfs (as you do) and a lovely police officer who was taken with my accent! The Naked Cowboy was strutting his stuff to the amusement of giggling ladies and Mickey and Minnie were also out - although not the original mice, these characters had pointy noses!

Big disappointment in Times Square. It is tiny.

DH took loads of photos already.

We had a very entertaining evening meal at Ellen's Stardust Diner. Aspiring actors serving your meal burst into song and dance on tables. Most of them have very good voices and are great to chat to. Food was good although not hot enough for me when it arrived.

On the way back to the hotel we walked past the library - WOW! It was closed but we plan to visit later in the week.

So, early night for us. In the morning we are heading to Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, memorial/Trinity Church and Top of the Rock.

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you've arrived!! Fingers crossed the weather stays lovely for your sightseeing tomorrow!

Ellen's! Very entertaining place, and though I seem to be forever disappointed in the food, I always enjoy the servers ;-)

Times Square is somewhat small, but look at it this way - that's even more "interesting" places to visit off the beaten path!

Enjoy your day tomorrow ;-) pay no mind to all the dirt around Lady Liberty - she is really getting a good sprucing up!

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Live from New York with Isafari day 1

Glad you're having fun! Can't wait to hear more

Post Thanks / Like

Yay your there finally but wow did you pack a few things into day 1

Post Thanks / Like

I love live TR's!!

Sounds like you are having a great time so far - cant wait to read more!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great visit Diane! Taking in a Yankees game? Think their MLS soccer team is in town...My brother and his family went this weekend. A bit confused as my nephew was wearing a Chelsea jersey?hmmmmmmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that you finally got there safely Diane. One of these days I may be able to talk Donna into going. Have fun.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

NY is one of my favourite places in the world. Have a fab time xx
    Montymouse

Post Thanks / Like
    Found I have no time to write trippies so I will just pop in and out with some updates until we get back home in five weeks time.

Yesterday we started off at Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Having prebooked was a blessing.

We then went to the 9/11 memorial.

Then, on to Top of the Rock. We arrived in daylight and stayed until after dark to get both views.

TGI for a meal before walking back through Broadway.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe you managed to do all of that in one day!! I absolutely love the statue of liberty and could have spent the whole day there alone

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast