Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Japan pre-trippie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow! Sounds wonderful! Do you like sushi? Will you be having any special sort of meals while you are there?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmm just had a look at the inn... errrmmm the bed? Not so sure that would work for me! :spring:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a jam-packed trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 32143
    Oh wow! Sounds wonderful! Do you like sushi? Will you be having any special sort of meals while you are there?
    I love sushi - Gareth is not so keen.

Hopefully we will have something special while we are with my friend in Kyoto - because she will be able to interpret the menu
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this comment on that Hotel Site:

Guests can eat breakfast(toast and coffee) at the free of charge!

That doesn't seem like much of a breakfast, but then, even though I have been to Japan, I have no idea what their typical breakfast is like as I stayed on a military base while I was there. I have no idea what the dollar is like compared to the Yen but it sounds like they charge per person, is that right?

Have a great trip though and bring me some sushi please (NOT). Actually I love sushi, I just don't think it will survive the trip.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 32209
    I like this comment on that Hotel Site:

Guests can eat breakfast(toast and coffee) at the free of charge!

That doesn't seem like much of a breakfast, but then, even though I have been to Japan, I have no idea what their typical breakfast is like as I stayed on a military base while I was there. I have no idea what the dollar is like compared to the Yen but it sounds like they charge per person, is that right?

Have a great trip though and bring me some sushi please (NOT). Actually I love sushi, I just don't think it will survive the trip.
    I'm sure we will eat heaps of toast! I'm not sure on a typical Japanese breakfast either - I guess I'm going to find out.

Yes it's per person. It's not cheap but it is reasonable for Tokyo.

Not sure against the USD either - against the Aussie we were getting about 105 Yen to the dollar not so long ago but it took a big dive about a week ago and now it's back to about 90 Yen. We were almost one for one with the USD at that time - now it's about 85 US cents to the Aussie. :mad:

I would love to send you some sushi - ah well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a really interesting trip Kazza. I would love to go to Japan someday, hope everything goes according to plan & Gareth enjoys all his 'boys stuff!'
    Sarah X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sarah

1990 - lived in Buena Ventura Lakes, Kissimmee - Holiday rep.
    2002 - December DLRP Santa Fe (DS birthday)
    2007 - October WDW Radisson Hotel Celebration
    3 weeks.
    2009 - January DLRP Sequoia Lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    SUSHI!?!?! Did someone say sushi??? I would go to Japan just for sushi alone...I have a HUGE crush on sushi these days....Did someone say sushi????

Post Thanks / Like
    Remind me when I get home to post pictures of Sushi-train - DMIL and I went there for lunch for our birthdays.

It's really neat - your dishes come out on this little train that runs on a track right round the restaurant.

You just pick what you want - the dishes are colourcoded according to price and the cashier just adds them up at the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG HOW FUN!!! Jon and I have just discovered a WONDERFUL place near his sister and BIL where they have, are you ready for this? ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI!!! They bring out menus, you mark which roll you'd like along with how many of them you'd like to have and they bring them out...along with another menu!!! It's soooooooooooo good! We ate 15 rolls the other night!!! I think we were there for HOURS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast