Thread: Salary negotiation

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have any do's and dont's? I have been told that I am a shoe-in for a job but it is hourly and doesn't offer benefits. However, the person who would be my manager and interviewed me told me to negotiate. She said that about 3 times but not to mention that to anyone else. Just trying to figure out how to do this properly as I haven't ever really done this....

Thanks!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously have no clue, but I wanted to offer my "good luck" and support. You are worth every penny! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry!

I'm clueless about hourly jobs. If you get any good tips however, post them up here. Never know who it might help.

Tom (... good luck!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Dr. Ducky :-) I've figured out what I need. So I'm going to ask for more and then negotiate down. I'm currently salaried but I work way more than 40 hours a week with no extra compensation.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie,

Take your current salary as a starting point, then estimate the cost to you for health benefits etc. break that into an hourly rate and then add 10-20% as a starting point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you John!

Post Thanks / Like
    Woohoo, we have one official tip. It's a start.