Thread: Restaurant for fanstasmic dinner package?

Post Thanks / Like
    The brown derby is a lot more expensive than hollywood and vine, is it worth the extra? I dont mind paying if so but it does seem a lot more

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not ever dined there, but then I've not ever heard much good about the Brown Derby.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We had lunch at the Brown Derby years ago. I remember it being good. The Cobb salad was wonderful and huge.

If you are using DDP, I wouldn't use 2 TS credits for it though.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disney1sttimer, post: 31341
    The brown derby is a lot more expensive than hollywood and vine, is it worth the extra? I dont mind paying if so but it does seem a lot more
    IMHO it is NOT worth it. I'm one of those that thinks the Brown Derby, with the exception of the Cobb Salad, is past its prime just like the original in Hollywood.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 31404
    IMHO it is NOT worth it. I'm one of those that thinks the Brown Derby, with the exception of the Cobb Salad, is past its prime just like the original in Hollywood.
    I agree with usc. Sad to say it's overpriced nowadays. It USED to be really nice but it's another casualty of the disney dining plan and we've had some poor service and poor food there recently.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, H&V is a buffet, so it is self-service for the most part. Brown Derby is full service. Our experience at H&V (dinner only) has been uneven. Food always edible, but sometimes fresher than others--probably somewhat dependent on the ADR time. Other times the food has been very good for a buffet, although not quite as good as Crystal Palace. IMHO. :)

That said, I don't think it's worth the difference in price. We used to dine at the original Brown Derby in its prime--the one at WDW is a distant cousin!

Post Thanks / Like
    While, like others have said, their Cobb salad is delicious (and their grapefruit cake...YUM-MY) I would have to agree that the extra cost is simply not worth it....