Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicken version of mission space

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only ridden the regular side. It has been tamed down quite a bit from when it first opened.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERHEAD1, post: 286535
    I went on the original version when the ride first open and I was sick for a good hour or two afterwards. A few years later I went on the "chicken version" and I felt fine afterwards.
    I no longer feel the need to try the ride. I also no longer feel the need to ride Rock and Roller coaster, Teacups, Star Tours, and soon Expedition Everest will be added to this list. I find that as the older I get the more the rides affect my equilibrium.
    Maybe it's my age! I tend to blame it on my ears as I have had issues with them since I was a baby. I don't think I'm going to risk it, last thing I want is to get sick when it's only Caitlin and I

Post Thanks / Like
    As John said, I've ridden both sides and have no desire to ride either again. The chicken isn't near as bad as the original, but when I got off, I do remember telling John "thanks but no thanks".
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the chicken side, as I would never do the regular side. I get motion sick, so it was completely out.

The chicken side moves back and forth, but does not spin. However, it's pretty confined in the "ship." As long as you pay attention to your area, you don't tend to notice.

Post Thanks / Like
    We went on this in April and I don't think I would do it again. I don't like heights and although I know the pod doesnt really go up high it felt like it. I don't suffer from motion sickness but there were sick bags next to your seat and as soon as I saw them I began to feel sick I found the pod claustrophobic, so if you suffer from this I would avoid it.

That said, I am glad I have been on it!

Montymouse

Post Thanks / Like
    I go on anything at all, any single ride does not phase me, but the 'regular' mission space, I tried it once and I got so claustrophobic because all I could think of was the pod locking and me being trapped in there! Yes, I was one of those idiots that completely ignored the warnings! That being said, I really enjoyed the ride... it was more waiting for it to open after stopping!

Would the 'chicken' version be any better for me or not?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 286691
    Would the 'chicken' version be any better for me or not?
    You would still get that claustrophobic feeling in the pod Josh, but you would not experience the spinning bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt a tad queesy on the green one but the orange one ruined my whole day, I felt so, so bad

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12