Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Slowhand`s WDW/NY/DCL Trip ~ Part one "The Arrival"

Post Thanks / Like
    Great trip report Terry! All in all seems like things sorted themselves out. I must admit I am so jeleous that you and many others have a personal relationship with Ricardo. Everyone speaks so well about him. How did he get to be a Disney must? Not to open a can of worms...but who was the first to notice him?

Green with envy! (or am I just blue?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 286399
    Great trip report Terry! All in all seems like things sorted themselves out. I must admit I am so jeleous that you and many others have a personal relationship with Ricardo. Everyone speaks so well about him. How did he get to be a Disney must? Not to open a can of worms...but who was the first to notice him?

Green with envy! (or am I just blue?)
    Hi Dan.
    My relationship with Ricardo goes back several years ago when we had him for our server at the YSH and just got talking. I found out that he was a huge Beatles fan and I promised to send him a copy of a cd which contained the music and lyrics for virtually every record the Beatles made.
    This I did as soon as I returned home, and since then we have become very close friends.

He and his wife [who also works for Disney], stayed at our house for a couple of weeks here in the UK a few years ago on their first ever UK visit and Ricardo paid us a second visit when he flew to the UK solo to attend a Beatles convention in Liverpool.

Whenever we visit Orlando we always have dinner with him outside Disney on a convenient evening when he and his wife are not working.
    By now I see Ricardo and his wife as almost part of our family.

He just loves it when he has folk requesting him to be their server....last year he had 1002 requests!!!!
    His manager has told me that on one occasion he even came in work on his day off, served a request party, and then went back home so as not to disappoint. This alone speaks volumes for his character.....a really nice guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that really does say alot about his character and the kind of man he is. I can see why he is in such demand. Would love to meet him someday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 286414
    Would love to meet him someday.
    On your next trip Dan, just make an ADR for Yachtsman's and ask for Ricardo by name. Terry and his DW introduced me and my DW to him on one of our trips. He's really quite a character. My DW thinks he's about the cutest thing she's ever seen!

Tom (... I need to get back there!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ricardo is a darling, I met him through Terry about 5 years ago. I'd lost my Dad in the July and Terry had asked Ricardo to look after us in September, he was wonderful and fussed over me all the time.

I remember being in World Showcase in the UK Pavilion waiting for Ricardo, we'd never met him before and this little man came over with a huge smile on his face and asked if I was Wendy. He gave me the hugest hug and that as they say was that

If you get the chance Dan, you really should ask for him to be your server

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely ask for him by name when you book Dan. We'll be seeing him in October. My DW and I, Slowhand and his DW and Wendy and her DH had a wonderful time with him just a few years ago.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't get a better recommendation that what all of you said. Thank you all and especially ol' Slowhand!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 286430
    You can't get a better recommendation that what all of you said. Thank you all and especially ol' Slowhand!
    Well,thank you kind sir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12