Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 287114
    She did indeed but it was an amazing story. It meant so much to her. At ippon she was in floods of tears and called thank you to her sadly departed mother. The crowd were in tears and on their feet.

The Olympics is about more than gold
    Medals and that awful and pointless medal table. It's about the little stories of inspirational young and driven people who strive to better themselves.
    True...so many compelling stories...love to hear them and the feelings of inspiration. One of our other networks used to cover the Olympics (ABC) and in my opinion did a more compelling job of getting "up close and personal" in segments. They were THE class act. Seems that today we have gone to a more glossing over of the competition and have a Hollywood Insider approach...cut down segments to just the kernals and not allowing you to go with the feeling of the competition. Maybe our short attention span is to blame (Thanks MTV! NOT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the men's trampolining finals - Steven has just taken up this sport.

Well we have a bit of a way to go yet son.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting a bit excited

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 287185
    I'm getting a bit excited
    Getting?

Tom (... judging by the posts, I thought you were way beyond that!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Victoria Pendleton's was the first gold I've actually seen... Draw dropping! Fell off the edge of my seat
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Vicky Pendelton is my hero!

just booked tickets to the manchester velodrome in October, anyone care to join us? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the weather is cooperative for the track and field events. They seem to be getting started.

Post Thanks / Like
    The men's team pursuit was awe inspiring. To beat the second best in the world by 4s is stunning.

So happy for Victoria and her other half.

Off to bed in a bit to get ready for the morning.

Everyone here is buzzing with the prospect of what tomorrow holds. Keep your fingers crossed for us that the weather isn't too bad, especially for little Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Managed to get one of them off to sleep. How cute ? Holding his Wenlock (stop giggling)

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at him. How beautiful is he!?

I simply don't understand NBC. Had to sit through a re-run of the 1996 Olympics (women's gymnastics) before they aired the current Olympics tonight? What is that all about? What? Not enough to show from THIS year? Sheesh.

Loved seeing the 17 year old swimmer win though. She was so excited! Plus, they showed Kate and William. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast