Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair comment but if I don't do the jobs Lisa will try and do them and she is banned

Just uploading from the camera 600 shots and thats after I deleted the blurred ones

Then mowing the lawn before I look at them. Hold tight. ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait...

Have watched so many different and varied sports this time around...it's been amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I have loved about this Olympics in the fantastic coverage we have here in the UK where the BBC have set up a load of extra channels. It means that on our tv we can watch any sport we want whenever it is is going on. I truly believe this has contributed to the amazing Olympic vibe we have going on in GB right now. This has meant watching sports we never would have before, just because it's the Olympics. It has been amazing, and I have found myself putting a previously obscure sport on my tv just so I am watching something and feel part of it. I can't believe what I am reading about the USA coverage, especially when I have just seen that the men's 100m sprint final was not shown live, as they chose to wait to show it during their prime time broadcasting (when of course everyone will know the result) That is worse than shocking

I loved the tennis yesterday and seeing Andy Murray get a gold, as well as his silver along with Laura Robson, especially as they did not know they were in the doubles until a day or so before the competition started. I did have to listen to it on a battery operated radio though, as we had mega-thunderstorms here and lost electricity for a few hours! I am looking forward to the gymnastics today, and hoping that Beth Tweddle can get a gold at last

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree about the extra channels. I have watched so much fencing this week - something you'd never previously been able to watch.

Our paralympic tickets were delivered this morning. I have to get up at stupid o'clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't have a speck of fencing, or judo, or the indoor cycling, or anything other than swimming, diving, track and field, basketball, and what seems like endless beach volley ball. I know there was others, but the point is that the coverage has been lousy, lousy and awful. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, on the primary NBC networks I have to agree that coverage has been indeed spotty. But I guess it depends on how many stations you actually receive. They had a lot of obscure, seldom watched ones out there that may have had the other sports on them, though I had my hands full just trying to watch the main events.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    The mens triathlon was absolutely amazing!! The Brownlee brothers are absolutely dedicated to their sport, they didn't seem to falter for a single leg of it. The finish was just absolutely amazing!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Gold medal in the team dressage!!!

How can I get excited about horses doing fancy steps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 287535
    Gold medal in the team dressage!!!

How can I get excited about horses doing fancy steps.
    One of the folks here at work said basically the same thing except his statement was more along the line of "I don't see what horses dancing has to do with the Olympics."

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    But the horses were fantastic.

And what must it feel like to be Chris Hoy?

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast