Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Post Thanks / Like
    Silver :)

Post Thanks / Like
    well at least the ladies could pull it out of the bag in the cycling daren't say that out loud in this house though LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    That was really bizarre - they were cycling on roads that I drive on regularly. Well done girl!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else struggling to watch it all ? We have phones iPads TVs all on different sports !

Post Thanks / Like
    You'd have thought they would have wiped the mud out if her snot before they interviewed Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    this morning we had the TV and 3 laptops going - rowing, volleyball, fencing, beach volleyball. We've also had cycling, kayaking, handball and gymnastics on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an interesting contrast for you.

In 1996, when the summer games were here in Atlanta, my employer "encouraged" everyone who could to work from home. Since I'm in technology, they gave us laptops and we could dial into the office to get our email and such.

At the time, that was 9600 baud dial up.
    Took me about half an hour just to get on to get my email in the morning. At that time, that's pretty much all our network connection was used for. That and telnet terminal connections. No web browser. No Youtube. No Google. None of the things we take for granted today.

********* Time Passes ****************

Fast forward 16 years to today.

Now, everybody has broad band access. Streaming video. Pictures. Music. Instant search and answers via Google, Yahoo and such. Answers from Wikipedia. Live event coverage. Even social media like Facebook and Twitter. Mobil internet access on their phones and of course, iPads and other tablet devices.

It's a heck of a contrast. Wonder where we'll be in another 16 years?

Tom (... kind of a corollary to Moore's Law.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another interesting snippet about the 1996 games. I was in New Orleans when the torch came to town and was right at the front when the cauldron was lit.

So I've seen it twice at 2 different games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dad currently has the F1 on I'm not that much into my sports but I did watch a little bit of the cycling yesterday, and there was also some Judo at one point.

Do we have any medals yet? (I am totally clueless so no idea when they give them out)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom, it takes me 30 minutes to log into my work computer now! It's pathetic as they spend a lot of money per machine

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast