Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Post Thanks / Like
    can't see a thread so far

Not really bothered what people think , I'm dead excited and so are all the family

Saw the torch go by our road and there were hundred of people lining the streets, inspirational and brilliant - surprisingly a lump in the throat moment and a fantastic way of 'personalising' the games. Think by and large the relay has been a collosal success and has brought the nation into it.

Having been so skeptical all those years ago, I think Danny Boyle will produce some absolute class this evening.

Feel free to ignore if you don't care about it ;)

oh and the BBC showing absolutely everything live - absolute quality - will watch the archery , handball etc etc that haven't been able to before - amazed to find another 25 channels on the sky planner all BBC olympics channels

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear it's coming off well so far! It's gonna be great I'm sure.

Sorry about the flap over "Mitt the Twit". You guys can keep him if you want.

Tom (... maybe use him as a door stop?)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am stoked! Looks like it will be an awesome Olympics. Wish I were there. I downloaded an app for my iPad that allows one to view the events (think all of them) as long as you have a subscription to a cable or satellite provider.

Want to see the usuals but am really stoked to see the whitewater kayaking/canoeing as well as sailing. To quote the Little River Band...."I was born under the sign of water....and that is where I choose to be"

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm one of the other people im afraid - its going to be all over the tv and will be disrupting my soaps im sure!!
    I expect i will watch a bit of the opening ceremony but apart from that i wont watch any of it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 286396
    I downloaded an app for my iPad that allows one to view the events (think all of them) as long as you have a subscription to a cable or satellite provider.
    What's the name of that app Dan?

Tom (... just curious...)

Post Thanks / Like
    This time tomorrow I will be in the O2 arena watching the men's gymnastics live!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Dawn pleaseplease please post pics

This time next week I will be trying to get teh fmaily to sleep as we have to get up at ridiculousoclockinthemorning to catch the train to the Athletics

Ben Will not like being put through the baggage scanner I'm sure

The boys are sooo excited about the ceremony tonight :D

Have you heard the rumours about the childrens characters that do battle ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    like skywatcher until tuesday i was so excited went to see the torch relay watched it on the tv and was supposed to be going to the olympic park to watch basketball on sunday afternoon but have been struck down with tonsilitus and been really ill so off work im gutted :( i keep hoping tomorrow i will feel human again so be able to tackle sunday but im not hopeful :(
    we were so excited to get usa match tickets :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 286398
    What's the name of that app Dan?

Tom (... just curious...)
    Haven't tried it yet but it is called liveextra

http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 286410
    like skywatcher until tuesday i was so excited went to see the torch relay watched it on the tv and was supposed to be going to the olympic park to watch basketball on sunday afternoon but have been struck down with tonsilitus and been really ill so off work im gutted :( i keep hoping tomorrow i will feel human again so be able to tackle sunday but im not hopeful :(
    we were so excited to get usa match tickets :(

Thats ages away - keep the fluids up and the paracetamol/ibuprofen and I'll keep everything crossed for you

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast