Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Slowhand`s WDW/NY/DCL Trip ~ Part two "The start of the GF bit" "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 286511
    We always visit the Olive Garden on the 192 near Target, we have a server there who we ask for and is lovely. I don't know if we will try the Longhorn up there again, we had really bad service last year.
    yeah it was very mediocre when we tried it too.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Loving the trip report Terry!

Keep 'em coming. At least that way, even though my DW and I aren't going this year, I can be there vicariously.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 286495
    my best British accent
    Excuse me sir. But I've been informed by reliable sources (you, in particular) that you don't have an accent. British or otherwise. Everyone else does.

Are you implying now that you lied to me?

Oh, the shame of it!

Tom (... the one with an accent...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Narcoossee’s is closed for a very short refurb between 8th July – 21st July 2012. Citricos
    closes afterwards for a refurb between 23rd July – 4th August 2012.
    Ricardo tells me that the YSH is also to close soon for a major refurb, taking around 6 weeks to complete!

I don't know if we will try the Longhorn up there again, we had really bad service last year.
    I found it to be ok Wendy.
    Ok we`ve eaten at better places but we both found the food & service to be fine......maybe they have changed some of the staff since you went last.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 286514
    Excuse me sir. But I've been informed by reliable sources (you, in particular) that you don't have an accent. British or otherwise. Everyone else does.
    I keep that response up my sleeve whenever anyone "over the pond" says that they love my accent.
    My stock response is "Thanks but I don`t have an accent, I speak English, it is you guys who have the accent".

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like everything is going beautifully so far! With the exception of the alarm company, of course. That is the process though. If you set off your alarm you MUST give the alarm company caller your password or they will alert the police. She hung up on you because she has only so many minutes to go from "no password" to alerting the local police force.

As you saw, they will come out, and if you are not there to speak with (and lecture on the setting off of an alarm) they'll leave the notice. You will get ticketed with the 3rd (???) notice?

Can you tell we've done this a time or three!

Set up a password, and that will be all it takes. Yes, you should have been given the opportunity to tell the alarm company your password at installation.

Must say, not surprised at the poor Narcoosee's experience. Ours was so poor we've never returned. May one day, but not until consistently good reports are forthcoming. On the other hand, that nasty DDP has indeed ruined Disney dining, so won't be expected things to be improved any time soon. Prettying up the restaurants does no good when the food and service are not commensurate with the picture.

That stretch of 192 west with the newer chain restaurants is very hit or miss. We try to avoid eating there as much as ossible. We had a very poor experience at the Olive Garden there, and the Red Lobster is the site of the "famous bug in the salad" experience we had. The Longhorn there isn't reliable either, nor is the Ale House.

So, all that to say, if we use those chains, they are elsewhere. Longhorn in Winter Garden is USUALLY good, but not always.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 286519
    it is you guys who have the accent".
    There may be something to what you say. Especially for us "Southerners".

I mean, who knew that the plural of "y'all" was "all y'all"?

Tom (... y'all come back now. Ya' hear?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 286495

[One of the advantages of owning AP`s is that you can really “do” the parks at your leisure without the need to try to fit everything into one visit. I guess it also helps if you have visited WDW quite often because then you don`t feel the urge to see and do it all in one hit.]
    This is certainly the truth. It makes for a much better vacation.

Loving the reports and pictures Slowhand!! Thanks.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for putting the TR into TeRry!!

Aside from your ability to sweet talk the CMs...:tongue:

You have a knack for writing...very good descriptions...thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12