Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duffy Bear where can you get him

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I know there probably has been a thread about Duffy the Bear before, but to be honest I never really took any notice until my DD has found out about it.

Both of the little people are Build a Bear mad, especially Meg who takes a seperate suitcase on hols just for the bear.

Can anyone tell me where abouts you can buy him, is he in all the parks?

As we are going out just 2 days after Gethin's birthday and 10 days after Megs, I have said I may buy them one as a present as they won't be getting anything actually on their birthday due to the trip. (Well of course they will get some little bits and pieces, but they don't know that). I don't want to get there and find that they are priced over the top. A friend, who mentioned Duffy to Meg, said they paid around $60 is that right or can you get cheaper? I can't say I want to spend $60 each on a bear.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sam,

I think you can get him almost anywhere in the Parks. Most any of the gift shops as I recall. There was quite a push on him for a while and I fully expect that he's still around.

You can also get him at the online Disney Store.

He's rather cute. My DW is a doll and teddy bear collector so I got her one several Christmas' ago. Very cuddly bear.

Tom (... buyer of bears...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 286617
    You can also get him at the online Disney Store.
    Sorry!

I just looked closer and it appears that the Disney Store online indicates that he can't be shipped internationally. I have no idea why.

Tom (... sorry about that...)

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a large outlet for Duffy at the entrance to World Showcase.
    I also saw them for sale at the large Disney store at DTD a couple of weeks ago.
    They may also have been on sale elsewhere but I never noticed.

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked with the online store and it at least gave me an indicator or how much they are. I see the 17" is around $25 so that is a bit cheaper than the $60 my friend paid, but she obviously went for the bigger version.

They've both got Cabin Max hand luggage for kids which has a seat for their teddy bears. I can see Duffy Bear will be having pride of place on the way home.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you save up done extra dollars cause Duffy has all sorts of outfits you can purchase too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

The outlet stores had him, with various outfits included, for about $20 when we were there in April. You may be able to pick up the bear for a bargain price and then get some extra outfits.

I bought a Christmas Duffy for $10 and have him stored away ready....

Happy shopping
    Montymouse

Post Thanks / Like
    Will try to remember to get some prices for you in a few days time.
    Also remember you can have your photo taken with him at Epcot. He is also in the new parade at Hollywood Studios.

Post Thanks / Like
    When we got ours the only place he was readily available was at EPCOT. I would be leery of getting him at an outlet store.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought two Duffys back before he was anything other than, "Mickey's Bear." We paid $5 each for them at the CMs only shop.

Can't say as I see what the fuss is, but the ones we have are quite soft...

The outlet stores (Disney outlets) are quite reliable. Just watch your prices, as they aren't always discounted. Merchandise there is usually that which didn't sell, or is outdated with a preprinted date.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast