Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been to Sanaa - AKL Kidani Village?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have made an ADR here for our quick 48 hour Disney jaunt in September with my DW's Aunt who is 60 years old and has never been to Disney. Just wondering what your experience was and the quality of the food.

We are staying at an Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Savanah view room for one night. We are not going into the parks and instead just going to enjoy what the rest of the property and Animal Kingdom Lodge, in particular, has to offer.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    My DW and I went when it first opened. I ordered the fish wrapped in banana leaf which was merely OK, but nothing to write home about. The rest of the meal was quite good. We just haven't been able to make it back there recently though.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We went in 2009, loved the place and the eating right beside the animals!

The food was pretty good, and the chai mousse was exquisite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been. Not a huge fan. The food was mediocre, and the server totally clueless (which is pretty unusual for Disney).

Haven't been back. (The decor is the best thing about the place)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 286930
    We've been. Not a huge fan. The food was mediocre, and the server totally clueless (which is pretty unusual for Disney).

Haven't been back. (The decor is the best thing about the place)!
    How long ago Tink?

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been twice for dinner and i am very fussy and so there are certain items I love and others not so much -DH loves it though. Notable items were the samosas and the bread service which were delicious and the mango lassi and the tapioca berry dessert which was one of my favourites! Next year we will go back at lunchtime as I really like the look of the tandoori naan bread sandwiches!
    It is a lovely setting and we have had very good servers both visits

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 286942
    How long ago Tink?
    Closer to when it first opened.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 286982
    Closer to when it first opened.
    Thanks Tink. The theme for the poor reviews seem to have happened close to the time after opening. More recent reviews on Trip Adviser are much better. Maybe they got out all the kinks?

Upcoming Vacations:

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that would be a good thing. The restaurant itself is a fun place to visit. The items on the walls, and the decor overall make for a nicely themed place. If they worked out the food quality (and that itself is odd, given the negative impact of the DDP on all Disney dining) and had better trained servers, then it could certainly be a casual dining option.

Clearly, the only answer for it is for you to go and then do a review for us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 287044

Clearly, the only answer for it is for you to go and then do a review for us!
    Oh yes please and some photos would be nice as well

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast