Thread: MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been to this for about 4 years running and we've been talking about doing different things this time and neither of us are sure whether we want to go to the party or not.

What would you do, it's quite expensive to go and we don't dress up so as we have seen it all before do you think it's worth it

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 286973
    We have been to this for about 4 years running and we've been talking about doing different things this time and neither of us are sure whether we want to go to the party or not.

What would you do, it's quite expensive to go and we don't dress up so as we have seen it all before do you think it's worth it
    well, obviously to each their own and if neither of you fancy it then that's that. There's certainly no shortage of other things to do.

*BUT* I love the halloween party. It's the thing I miss most going in December because the christmas party is just nowhere near as good.

I love the atmosphere, the parade and the whole feel really
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We love the atmosphere, but it's always the same and we were wondering whether if we missed a year it would seem better when we went again

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 286975
    We love the atmosphere, but it's always the same and we were wondering whether if we missed a year it would seem better when we went again
    well yeah that's a point for sure.

I couldn't miss it... there've been times I've been tempted to fly out JUST for the party I really do enjoy that evening

I guess you could try universal? or seaworld.. see what they do for halloween
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We go almost every time we are there at this time of year also, but I don't think we have it in our plans this year. It probably wouldn't hurt if you missed it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We've done it twice and are doing it again this year. We enjoy the party atmosphere, the trick or treating, and the fireworks display (which is different from Wishes) is pretty awesome.
    Plus doing some of the rides in the dark, dressed up in an outfit, is always fun. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm already caving Chris says he isn't bothered either way, he just thought it would be good to give it a rest this year. The only think I'm thinking though, is next year we are going early as it is our silver wedding anniversary and I'm not sure we will still be there when the party begins

Arrgghhhhh, decisions, decisions

Post Thanks / Like
    Well whatever you do, don't go to Universal for their Halloween "celebration." They always choose a very gory theme, and it's definitely not for the likes of you and I!

Some folks really enjoy their very different (from Disney) experience there, but I can't even bear to look at the billboard adverts.

If you are tired of it, give it a miss. If it ends up you miss it for two years, that's ok too. You'll have time for something new or different to do and a two year hiatus might be just what you need to renew interest when you return to attending the party.

We thought we'd never miss some Disney events and have gone on to do so (like NYE) and had no problem with the "missing" and found renewed enjoyment when we returned to going back to the event.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't go this time you'll enjoy it even more the next time you go.
    Do a bit of research and see if there's any other celebrations that you would enjoy.
    I agree witb Tink, don't go to Universal. It's not for us nervous types.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't get me to Universal for Halloween if you paid me