Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 years

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just realised that I've known some you for 10 years now! Who else was around in 2002? I remember being cautioned about talking to strangers online but how lovely that some of us are still in touch and some of the people I have met are my bestest friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was one of the early ones. I joined my first online Disney community in 1999. Shortly thereafter it was "that other place" before it was a true forum (the old style board). The rest is history.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember doing at trip report for our 2001 trip so I've known some of you at least that long. I count some of you as my very best friends in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    2003 for me when I met all of you.

Never been on any other forum with such closeness and friendship - only met some of you guys a couple of times at most but you are all most definitely bestest buddies

We have been through quite a lot together

I am just so grateful to Keith for this place to bring us all back together - lost you all for a few months and it was a deeply unsettling time - remember coming back here and realising how much I missed you all ;D

Post Thanks / Like
    I too was one of the early ones. And although I've only met a handful of you in person I consider you all to be dear friends.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I'm honestly not sure because I lurked for so long reading every single post and not daring to post then finally I HAD to post because no one else was asking my question, so I did, and got told off for using a naughty word (I said "hell of a good time" which is apparently mega offensive).

The kindness of people around here never ceases to impress me and it's a truly wonderful thing. So much we don't see of course as well that goes on via messages and actual meetings.

I do often find myself in real life conversations saying things like "well Dr.Chris said ....." or "yeah Dawn mentioned..." and then I realise they won't know who I'm on about

Although I'm terrible at meets, I talk to you all more than I talk to any real life friends and it's amazing to think of how long we've known each other.

Great thread Brit!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I first visited in 2005, and I remember my countdown being over a year long so it must have been late 2003/early 2004 that I first joined up! That would have made me about 12!! I must have lied about my age
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe I joined up around 2002. I know that you guys were the first to know each time I got pregnant, when each baby was born, and were the first to see each first picture. I remember the good, bad, and ugly over the years and I couldn't wish for a better group of friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    I too can`t remember how long I`ve been involved with you all.
    I`ve been retired now for 6 years or so and I do remember talking to many of the folk here [on another Disney site] for quite a while before then, so I guess that I must have known loads of you for 10 years at least by now.

Before then I`d never posted onto any forums but as others have said, I genuinely feel the warmth and friendship here at Secrets to be amazing, and it`s great also to have met several of the members in person.

Here`s to another 10 years [and beyond....to infinity? ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, has it been that long? Well think I became aquainted with a lot of you in another universe (or Disney board) around 2003. So much water had gone under the bridge. I am grateful for this place..keeps me sane in some of the tedium of planetarium business. Thank you all.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast