Thread: American Express Lounge at Universal Studios

Post Thanks / Like
    If you pay for tickets using an Amex card, I understand that you can get free acces to the American Express Lounge in Universal Studios.

Has anyone ever been in there and if so what's it like?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it just American registered Amex cards? I remember looking at this as I have a BA Amex card but that didn't count

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 287500
    Is it just American registered Amex cards? I remember looking at this as I have a BA Amex card but that didn't count
    I assume it is any as this is their terms and conditions:

*Receive exclusive access to the American Express Lounge with purchase of any Universal Orlando® multi-park ticket or Annual Pass with any American Express Card. Purchase must be made with any American Express Card to be eligible. Present your confirmation page or original receipt plus your American Express Card to gain entrance to the American Express Lounge located in Universal Studios Florida across from Shrek’s Ye Olde Souvenir Shoppe. Party size will be determined based on quantity of multi-park ticket or annual pass purchases noted on purchase receipt (limited to 6 people per card). Space is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis. Offer ends 5/15/12. Lounge is open seven days a week from 12 pm -5 pm. Days and times are subject to availability and to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply. No refunds or returns. Parking fees are not included. Copyright 2011 American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

I'll email them and see what they say.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brit, I've just had a reply from Universal and they said that any AMEX card that bears the AMEX symbol is allowed access. You do have to purchase something though, I'll be buying our tickets using my card so that will be fine for us.

You should be able to use your BA Amex

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 287534
    Brit, I've just had a reply from Universal and they said that any AMEX card that bears the AMEX symbol is allowed access. You do have to purchase something though, I'll be buying our tickets using my card so that will be fine for us.

You should be able to use your BA Amex
    oooh, interesting, won't be going this year but certainly for the future. You'll have to take some pictures!

Post Thanks / Like
    We use this lounge as a 'put off' until dinner. Air conditioned with a sofa and maybe a dozen or so assorted chairs. You just show your Amex card and park pass at the desk on your way in.

They have bottled water, granola bars which are very tasty and ready salted chips (crisps)

You can help yourself and also take the items out with you.