Thread: Jambo House vs Kidani Village

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so we had to make a small change in plans for our 48 hour fasttrip to Disney in September. We originally were checking in on Friday/checking out Saturday. We had to move that up by one day and there was no availability at Jambo House but they did have a Savannah view available at Kindani Village. We have only stayed at Jambo House so I'm looking for some information on Kidani Village.

Are the studios larger at Kidani Village since these were built as DVC rooms compared to the converted rooms at Jambo?
    Are there two beds in the Kidani Village studios as opposed to the one bed/sleeper sofa combo at Jambo?
    How is the pool and quick service restaurant at Kidani compared to Jambo?

Any other information is appreciated.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    We absolutely LOVE Kidani Village! We've only every stayed in one bedrooms though, so can't comment on the studios. We actually like Kidani better than Jambo House!

Now, don't misundertakeme (as my little brother used to say)... we still very much like AKL, but Kidani just does it for us.

The pool area is particularly wonderful. Counter service type food was at the pool (some sandwiches) but for a true quick service you'll stroll over to AKL for Mara... (I think that's the name of it).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Both are good but I like Jambo House. The restaurant tour was great. It was free. We got a tour of Boma's & Jiko's and got to sample the food. If you don't have a room overlooking the animals, go out into the hall. They have large windows where you can see them. When you stay on Disney property you can buy a mug that can be refilled for free throughout your stay. We enjoy filling our mugs in the evenings & sitting out on the terrace at Jambo House and watching the animals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tony, post: 287574
    Both are good but I like Jambo House. The restaurant tour was great. It was free. We got a tour of Boma's & Jiko's and got to sample the food. If you don't have a room overlooking the animals, go out into the hall. They have large windows where you can see them. When you stay on Disney property you can buy a mug that can be refilled for free throughout your stay. We enjoy filling our mugs in the evenings & sitting out on the terrace at Jambo House and watching the animals.
    Restaurant Tour? This is the first I've heard of this? How do you sign up?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix