Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Islands of Adventure Orlando to Test New Ride Reservation System

Post Thanks / Like
    Universal Studios Orlando is testing a new system to skip the lines at select attractions at their Islands of Adventure. The Universal Ride Reservation System will let guests reserve the time they want to ride using a small interactive pager.

[ATTACH]12313.vB[/ATTACH]

The new interactive pager, which is being dubbed the U-Bot, will let guests make a reservation by selecting the attraction they want to ride and then press the action button to reserve the attraction time. When the reservation is ready the device will vibrate, and you can go to the attraction any time after the reservation time and use the Express entrance. Any reservations you make won't expire until they are used or cancelled.

Things to note are:

• Only one ride reservation can be programmed at a time.
    • Guests may cancel their reservation at any time and reserve a different attraction.
    • Reservations can be made and canceled from anywhere in the park.
    • Up to six people can share a device but each rider will need to rent the system.
    • The device is water resistant.

The new system is currently testing and the rental costs $49.99 for unlimited use or $39.99 for one use per attraction.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good on paper but it seems a bit cheeky to charge so much for it on top of the admission cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    The price is silly isn't it

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s no way that I would pay to go on ANY ride in ANY theme park after I had already coughed up the park admission fee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...an additional $50?!? I see epic failure here.

For me, at least at Disney, waiting in line is part of the whole experience. I may use fastpass 10% of the time on a handful of the big attractions but if Disney ever decided to charge for this service there is no way I would use it.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    $50 they're having a laugh. They can take a run and jump as far as I'm concerned, I certainly wouldn't pay that amount.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it will be a hit. It's good for up to 6 people and only the one price? Very good idea for people who are staying in a house or villa and who can't or don't stay Onsite at Universal.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you're probably right actually, there would be a few people using it, It's just the price, mind you if you've enough adults in the group you could share the price. I suppose if you're short on time at the park it would useful, but adding another $100 ( we are a group of 7) for us on top of the ticket price is a bit much just for 1 day.

I actually read it wrong when it said up to 6 people could use it but would have to rent a device each, I thought it meant they would have to pay for their device also. I pressume they pay the $50 just once then each other person gets the device at no extra charge. That's a little better.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wait, maybe I read it wrong. I thought it said that up to six people can share the reservation device, but they each had to pay the 50 (or 40) dollar fee. (Meaning, for instance, that for our family of 4, it would be an additional 200 bucks).

This is the way they do it at Six Flags in Texas. It can get pretty pricey on top of the original entrance fee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol well I think we are all unclear. If each person has to pay $50 then that is too much IMO. If its a $50 charge and 6 people can use it then I think it's not a bad idea.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast