Universal Studios Orlando is testing a new system to skip the lines at select attractions at their Islands of Adventure. The Universal Ride Reservation System will let guests reserve the time they want to ride using a small interactive pager.
The new interactive pager, which is being dubbed the U-Bot, will let guests make a reservation by selecting the attraction they want to ride and then press the action button to reserve the attraction time. When the reservation is ready the device will vibrate, and you can go to the attraction any time after the reservation time and use the Express entrance. Any reservations you make won't expire until they are used or cancelled.
Things to note are:
- Only one ride reservation can be programmed at a time.
- Guests may cancel their reservation at any time and reserve a different attraction.
- Reservations can be made and canceled from anywhere in the park.
- Up to six people can share a device but each rider will need to rent the system.
- The device is water resistant.
The new system is currently testing and the rental costs $49.99 for unlimited use or $39.99 for one use per attraction.