Thread: Ooooooooooo Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if NBC will be brave enough to show it all but during the closing ceremony there was a rather impressive tribute to Monty Python . Eric Idle accompanied by a roman legion and roller skating nuns Sanford always look on the bright side of life , including the naughty word :D. Was the highlight of the show and I thought of you mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    epic! they didn't sing the verse with just before you draw your terminal breath though LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 287883
    Not sure if NBC will be brave enough to show it all but during the closing ceremony there was a rather impressive tribute to Monty Python . Eric Idle accompanied by a roman legion and roller skating nuns Sanford always look on the bright side of life , including the naughty word :D. Was the highlight of the show and I thought of you mate.
    Bleeped it. Censored. Just like the whole of their blasted coverage, IMO.

So sad they're over. Think goodness "Shark Week" starts tonight or I might spiral into a right depression!

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? We were so fed up with the Nothing But **** coverage, we didn't even make it through the closing ceremonies. :( I enjoyed more the comments made by those in the UK who were watching than the useless coverage here.

I sure hope NBC gets blasted and badly for their lousy, lousy coverage. Some of us wanted to see THE GAMES and not reruns of Americans in past years... ugh.

Enough carping from me. Well. For now. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    NBC Commentator: “That is not actually Batman but a British folk hero known as Del Boy. Sort of like Robin Hood…”

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 287883
    Thanks for thinking of me Chris! Sadly, as the rest of the posts here will tell, you now know "the rest of the story".

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 287897
    I sure hope NBC gets blasted and badly for their lousy, lousy coverage. Some of us wanted to see THE GAMES and not reruns of Americans in past years... ugh.
    I share your disgust Tink. But, they had excellent ratings numbers for the entirety of the games. Of course they did! They were the only game in town. So, they'll just pat themselves on the back and say "see, we're really very good" and dismiss those of us who are terminally disgusted with them as heretics.

The only way they could have gotten blasted was it the everyone had said, "I'm not going to watch this garbage! Boycott NBC!".
    But that wasn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 287903
    NBC Commentator: “That is not actually Batman but a British folk hero known as Del Boy. Sort of like Robin Hood…”
    Morons. :mad:

Tom (... unbelievably irritated but trying to "always look on the bright side of life"!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 287903

Good grief, we really are regarded by some as just a pathetic little nation not worthy of their time aren't we

Post Thanks / Like
    Some nice comments from around the world this morning - especially from Aus - many have conceeded that although Rogg said their olympics was 'the best olympics ever' , many over there feel that ours outstripped it at every level. Also noting that whilst many Olympic parks become wastegrouds a few years after the games have left town - London built theirs on a wasteground and turned it into an exciting community.

The roar last night for the volunteers was moving and struck a chord with people around the globe.

One last thing from an Aus columnist

'The reason I loved the London Olympicsmore than any other can be summarised by the way it was greeted by the population of Britain at its conclusion - they did not say ' We told you so' no what they said was ' My god we actually did it'