Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret's Christmas Exchanges

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I hate to say it, we seem to be approaching that time of the year when we make decisions about the Exchanges we have around Christmas :D - no heckling at the back there

I know there are a lot of us that love these and so I thought it was a good time to see how you feel about the:

1. Calendar Exchange
    2. Christmas Ornament Exchange
    3. Christmas Card Exchange

I have a feelingI know already what the answers will be

Also, if you would like to organise one of the 3 exchanges as well, that would be great, just say in this thread and the first person to post asking for a particular exchange will get it

Comment away people and no slapping me for mentioning Christmas

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol! No heckling or slaps from me! I love Christmas. Just not winter.

I vote for all 3. I will also be the understudy for the ornament exchange if no one wants to do it :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Yes :D
    2. Yes :D
    3. Yes :D

I would be very happy to organise any of them, whichever is usually the trickiest Or heck, even all of them if required!

And I didn;t even slap you for mentioning THAT word. *whispers* I have even started picking up a few little presents as I see them

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to partake in the ornament one but won't be able to host any this time as I'll be going away

Post Thanks / Like
    Deb, choose which one you would prefer to do :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like all the exchanges, but usually only participate in the Christmas card exchange. I am happy to do the cards if a member does not want to do so.

I think it's more inclusive though, when members do the hosting of exchanges. Keeps everyone involved!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 288689
    Deb, choose which one you would prefer to do :D
    :D Wen, I have no idea which is the hardest to do - so I will take the one that gives someone the most hassle! Is that the Calendar one? Or do you want me to guess?

Do you know what? I have never hosted an exchange and have always wanted to. Is that sad, or does it make me weird? That's why I said I'll do all of them if no one else wants to! Heck, throw in a tea towel/bookmark/hamster/plantpot exchange while you're at it

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol no its not strange! The ornament can be tricky. It has to go out before the holiday mail rush. And packages have gone missing so we've had to have elves step in and send a package.

The sorting of the names is always the hardest part for me. Other than that it's just making sure everyone has sent out and let's us know they've received theirs.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Deb, you are wonderful. Each one is a bit different.

With the cards you collect all the addresses and then make a list sharing it with the members (only) who are participating.

With the other two, you collect the names and then use random assignment to "pair" members with one another. We usually try to keep it US to UK member, but if there isn't enough of one group to go around, then it's "best as can be managed" sort of thing.

Then, you keep track of who has received their cards and exchanges, mostly for the purpose of being sure that everyone who sent one, receives one. For cards its a bit simpler, in that you only really need to keep track of who may not have sent any after the exchange began.

Does that make any sense at all?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tink That does make sense I have to say, I have never known you NOT to make sense

Sounds like the ornament one is the scariest. Therefore I should probably plump for that But then I would have nothing to do closer to Christmas! :D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast