Thread: Soaked!

Post Thanks / Like
    On Kali River Rapids! Just what we needed after a long morning in the hot, hot sun!

[ATTACH]12442.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Wet is good!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Wet is always good in hot weather, but I hate sloshing around while I dry out.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    [ATTACH]12444.vB[/ATTACH]
    Told 'ya!

Tom (... and you knew it was going to happen!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Love that ride!!! Did it on a cold January morning, for some reason I was the only rider :tongue:. My DW and DD opted out and they SOAKED me with the spraying elephants! They had some industrial heater/dryers there to help out in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    My DW and I cracked up on it one time.

We got on the raft and there was this very beautiful, elegant woman who also got on our raft. You know the type, perfect makeup, perfectly coiffed, Ralph Lauren designer everything. She obviously had never been on this attraction before.

So, off we go. Shortly after you get going, there's that one place where there's a rather significant fountain in the middle of the river that you can feel beat the bottom of the raft as you pass over it. Of course, depending on where you are on the raft also determines how badly you'll get hit as the fountain passes out from under the raft.

You know what's coming. Don't you. As we passed over the fountain, her position in the raft had just rotated so that the fountain was perfectly positioned right behind her as we passed. Of course, being in that position is precisely like taking a shower with your clothes on. Needless to say, she looked like a drowned rat.

The remainder of the ride was spent with everyone else on the raft in near hysterics and the poor woman looking like she had taken a dip in a pool.
    All that hairspray and makeup for nought.

Next time, she'll know better! I hope.

Tom (... but it sure was worth a laugh or six!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 288899
    My DW and I cracked up on it one time.

We got on the raft and there was this very beautiful, elegant woman who also got on our raft. You know the type, perfect makeup, perfectly coiffed, Ralph Lauren designer everything. She obviously had never been on this attraction before.

So, off we go. Shortly after you get going, there's that one place where there's a rather significant fountain in the middle of the river that you can feel beat the bottom of the raft as you pass over it. Of course, depending on where you are on the raft also determines how badly you'll get hit as the fountain passes out from under the raft.

You know what's coming. Don't you. As we passed over the fountain, her position in the raft had just rotated so that the fountain was perfectly positioned right behind her as we passed. Of course, being in that position is precisely like taking a shower with your clothes on. Needless to say, she looked like a drowned rat.

The remainder of the ride was spent with everyone else on the raft in near hysterics and the poor woman looking like she had taken a dip in a pool.
    All that hairspray and makeup for nought.

Next time, she'll know better! I hope.

Tom (... but it sure was worth a laugh or six!)
    One of life's little lessons. Lesson learned!