Thread: Director Tony Scott dies

Post Thanks / Like
    British born director Tony Scott has passed away after an apparent suicide jump from an LA bridge. Tony is the younger brother of producer/director Ridley Scott. Some of the movies Tony Scott has directed include:

Top Gun
    Beverly Hills Cop II
    Days of Thunder
    Crimson Tide
    Enemy of the State
    Man on Fire
    Unstoppable

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/top-gun...041553449.html

I'm a big fan of his and his brother. He will be missed.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Such sad news. May he find the peace that he seemingly couldn't find in this life. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    :(

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard this on NPR on my way to work. Very sad. He was 68 and that somehow makes it sadder to me.

Phyllis Diller has also died. I remember her as a kid and being envious of that hair.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Additional news on Tony Scott. Apparently he had inoperable brain cancer. At least that sheds a little light on why he did what he did but still very sad indeed.

Tink, I saw that about Phyllis Diller last night. What I life she had and went peacefully in her sleep with a smile on her face (according to her son who found her). I remember seeing old clips of Laugh-In with her. She was hillarious!! Did anyone know she was the voice of the Aunt Queen in A Bug's Life?

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]