Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inspired by Jazmine. The American Way of Life?

Post Thanks / Like
    Secret life of an American teenager....

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Malcom in the middle... lol.... I so love that show... has me in hysterics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 31750
    I'm thinking Lil house on the prairie...
    I loved that show!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 31800
    OK, back to American Way of Life...

What is it then?
    I think of it as - big opportunities & big rewards for hard work. Would you agree?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    The right to speak your mind, even if you are very wrong, :rolleyes008:and not too bright.:gy: The right to live in the woods or the big city. ;) We may be wrong in the way we live, but it is the best the world has to offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I don't watch much television, so those metaphors are pretty useless with me. I have a general idea of most of the major shows, but no real details!

So with that in mind...

...The American way of life is opportunity and choice. We have many opportunities to change our lives if we make the right choices and work to achieve our goals. For most people, very little is handed to us on a silver platter, but we can pursue our dreams, regardless of our financial or social status.

Are there barriers? Absolutely! While we technically don't have social classes, in reality we do--and that can make some choices more difficult than others. There also are financial barriers--inequality in income, housing, medical care, etc., that are difficult to overcome. But we have the option to try.

That's the reason I elected to become a US citizen. I had the option of citizenship in three different countries--courtesy of my parents. After much consideration, I selected the US. While I frequently disagree with the policies and seriously wince at the less than stellar performance of many of our elected officials, I revel in the opportunity to disagree and present my own opinions! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Taja, wish I had your way with words.:p015: You and Tink should start your own books. I for one would sure buy them.

Post Thanks / Like
    my name is earl

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not too good with words either but i love the friendliness, the clean streets the houses, the family way of life, the shopping, entertainment etc; there`s too many things to mention Oh and of course WDW, over here its a very different picture we are not a family orientated nation (well some of us are) oh i forgot something the food i just love American restaurants, mmmmmmmmmm
    Jacqui xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the whole way that Americans seemingly celebrate any success you have and continue to encourage everyone to strive to succeed in many areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there are many similiarities from US to UK and if you live in a city the pace of life is probably much the same for all of us (fast) but if you live in a relatively rural location then I think the differences are more noticeable. The miles between towns and cities in America are HUGE - I live in a rural area and it's 30-45 mins to a big town but if you live in a rural area in US it could be hours and hours to a big town for shopping etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sarah

1990 - lived in Buena Ventura Lakes, Kissimmee - Holiday rep.
    2002 - December DLRP Santa Fe (DS birthday)
    2007 - October WDW Radisson Hotel Celebration
    3 weeks.
    2009 - January DLRP Sequoia Lodge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast