Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inspired by Jazmine. The American Way of Life?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jazmine commented on another thread about liking the American way of life.

That made me wonder...

What is your concept of the American Way of Life? How do you view (or for those of us living here) experience life?

I think it will be very interesting to learn what our UK and other folks deem "the American Way of Life."

I also think it will be interesting to learn what Americans think of the way of life here in this country!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking Lil house on the prairie...

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL to "Little House on the Prairie" I don't think I would make it!

Let's see....guess for now I'll stick to the tv show comparisons...since I saw the thread and it seems to fit (at least in my household)..."Home Improvement" most days with a bit of "Friends" thrown in for good measure...

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be us too lol...only I think I'm Tim the toolman Taylor lol
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, never thought of the TV show metaphor. Would "Sordid Lives" be TMI? LOL! OK, I'm kidding!

Little House on the Prairie? Nah! Helly that is pure Hollywood. It wasn't even like that THEN!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 31783
    Hmmmm, never thought of the TV show metaphor. Would "Sordid Lives" be TMI?
    LOL! Nope...probably just enough to peak the curiosity of the likes of us!!!

only I think I'm Tim the toolman Taylor lol
    LOL, not here...we have a "No electrical work unless there are two people in the house" rule for a *reason*

Post Thanks / Like
    Desperate Housewives, of course

:t1408:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever seen Sordid Lives? It's a series that I think must have been on for some time now, but we've just discovered it (flipping the stations, you know how that goes)...

It is one WEIRD show! LOL!

HEY! I'm derailing my own thread!

OK, back to American Way of Life...

What is it then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 31800
    Have you ever seen Sordid Lives? It's a series that I think must have been on for some time now, but we've just discovered it (flipping the stations, you know how that goes)...
    Isn't that the one set in Texas? LOL, I think my girlfriend watches it!

OK, back to American Way of Life...

What is it then?
    In a word? I'd say frenetic. Not to paint our entire culture with one brush, but do you know that I actually found myself *apologizing* to my neighbor a few days ago because Jon and I decided *not* to allow Baleigh to participate in "Pop Warner" Cheerleading. She couldn't understand why we thought it was a bad idea. Practices Mon - Thur from 5:00 til 8:30 and then games all day on Saturday? And she couldn't *understand*? On top of that, her daughter takes gymnastics and a hip-hop dance class (when, I have NO idea). So I found myself actually apologizing for not being willing to commit my child to *anything* so demanding. When did this become acceptable? Our children are overscheduled, overwrought and overstimulated...and I'm not sure we're doing them any favors. As adults we seem to be constantly running hither and yon...always a deadline, always an appointment...

So in a word...I think the "American Way of Life" has become very hurried.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast