Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tropical Storm Isaac

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother nature is one of the scariest things in this world - theres nothing you can do to completely stop her, just be as prepared as you can
    Stay safe everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 290067
    Hope all is well your way, DisneyFreak.
    Everything is fine here in SWFL Tink. We weathered the storm with no issues. Sounds like you came through just as well.

I guess you can look at the silver lining of this storm is that it will provide some much needed rain in some the of drought stricken areas of the plains and midwest as it continues north over land.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Isaac has been toying with us all day...and it looks like tomorrow is going to be another fun filled day of howling winds...lots of water and all around flooding....spoot...
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 290145
    New Orleans is going to get it again.

There was a news report last night about an area in south east Florida that was hit by a tornado spawned by the hurricane. Much damage to many homes. Fortunately, no loss of life.

I have nieces in Baton Rouge, and they are well prepared. The wind is there but no rain yet. Everyone is just waiting, and as prepared as they can possibly be.

When we were there one year ago, July for one niece's wedding, there were still homes with the blue tarps on their roofs.
    Baton Rouge is where I am Tink! talk about...wait for it...A Small World!

lol yeah...the strain of the storm is cracking me...
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepinCatz, post: 290283
    Baton Rouge is where I am Tink! talk about...wait for it...A Small World!

lol yeah...the strain of the storm is cracking me...

stay safe hun xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 290145
    New Orleans is going to get it again.

There was a news report last night about an area in south east Florida that was hit by a tornado spawned by the hurricane. Much damage to many homes. Fortunately, no loss of life.

I have nieces in Baton Rouge, and they are well prepared. The wind is there but no rain yet. Everyone is just waiting, and as prepared as they can possibly be.

When we were there one year ago, July for one niece's wedding, there were still homes with the blue tarps on their roofs.

Hope they're safe Tink xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Kept in touch with them through much of the day and night. They were without power, and on a boil water order. They also lost their direct TV, but do have a weather radio. We're worried about flooding given their location.

Haven't heard any more from them as of this morning. It's a big storm and is moving slowly. That always involves much rain and the potential for real flooding.

'Catz, I didn't know you were in Baton Rouge! It is indeed a small world. Hope all is well with you, too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 290307
    Haven't heard any more from them as of this morning. It's a big storm and is moving slowly. That always involves much rain and the potential for real flooding.
    They are saying that Isaac is going to produce more rain than Katrina.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    They have power at one house, but not at the other niece's apartment. There is some talk about flooding and the river? I'm not sure I got it all (static on the line).

Anyway, they are safe, and that is what matters to me.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast