Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What books have you been reading??

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just finished 50 shades :) I'm still blushing so I need something else now

Any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm reading the chimp paradox by Dr Steve Peters at the moment, he's the psychiatrist responsible for the British cycling team's success this summer. Oh and Oprah magazine, have backpacked by Catherine Ryan something that I'm also reading, she wrote mouse trapped. I did kind of read 50 shades but it bored me after a while lol :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished The Blind Assassin by Margaret Attwood.

Now reading The Kite Runner.

FiftyShades got on my nerves.

Post Thanks / Like
    DW is reading 50 shades... seems to be enjoying it (let's hope it doesn't raise expectations :/ )

I've just finished re-reading The Great Gatsby in preparation for the movie later this year!

Now onto Sweet tooth by Ian McEwan

...and after all that, it's down to earth next week when the new Lee child - Jack Reacher novel comes out "a wanted man". There'll be nothing intellectual about that one Still can't believe they've got Tom Cruise to play him in the movie though :( sigh.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Just returned from vacation and devoured THREE non-descript romance novels that I found in a box my grandmother had given me. They weren't "good" by any means, but they were incredibly satisfying ;-)

Currently reading a book about Marilyn Monroe. Quite good!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm reading the Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 289558
    DW is reading 50 shades... seems to be enjoying it (let's hope it doesn't raise expectations :/ )
    I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything...I would have sprayed it all over my new desk.

I've been a reader of romance/erotic novels for years. So I'm a little shocked at all the hoop-la related to 50 Shades.

Disneymom, if you liked 50 Shades I heard that Bared to You is similar.

I'm reading Biting Cold by Chloe Neill. It's a series book about vampires (....I've been reading vampire books for years too--even before they were cool). Hmmm, maybe I'm a trendsetter.

If you like humorous and somewhat dark/criminal books then I highly recommend the Jack Daniels series by JA Konrath. They are absolutely fantastic.

I also recommend any of the books that Jeff Strand has written. They are dark, but extremely hilarious. Especially his series about Andrew Mayhem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 289592

Disneymom, if you liked 50 Shades I heard that Bared to You is similar.
    This is one of the one's I read on vacation. It was quite similar (and equally badly written).

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished The Hunger Games trilogy a few weeks ago but haven't picked up anything else yet, been really busy. I loved the trilogy right up until the last two or three chapters which I thought were a terrible anti-climax. I was glued to the books and didn't put them down, I read the whole trilogy in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 289557
    Just finished The Blind Assassin by Margaret Attwood.

Now reading The Kite Runner.

FiftyShades got on my nerves.
    The Kite Runner is one of my Mum's favourite books. But her absolute favourite (by the same author) is A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 289592
    I'm reading Biting Cold by Chloe Neill. It's a series book about vampires (....I've been reading vampire books for years too--even before they were cool). Hmmm, maybe I'm a trendsetter.
    I finished the latest in the Southern Vampire Mysteries a few weeks/months back now and I'm getting a little tired of that series (even though I liked the ending) The latest TV series of True Blood, however is bloody fantastic!

Is Biting Cold much good? I didn't like twilight at all, even though I was hooked on the story they were terribly written. but I LOVE the True Blood series.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been reading the vampire diaries, once I have read them I will be starting on the 50 shades of gray,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast