Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 195

Thread: new iphone 5?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 290488
    Oh no!

    Are you also suffering the dimming display issue?

    Tom (... any excuse...)
    I tried that but Lisa called me on squinting at the screen

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 289624
    you don't reckon the 5 will have 4G then?
    Can I ask why it would not. My iPhone 4s and dh both picked up 4G in Florida. I know you did not say you did not thinkit would have it.

  3. #23
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 291288
    Can I ask why it would not. My iPhone 4s and dh both picked up 4G in Florida. I know you did not say you did not thinkit would have it.
    The iphone 4s doesn't have 4G.. the 4 in its name stands for 4th generation iphone.

    What it DOES have is HSPA+ which is a 3G style technology but offering faster speeds using the same basic frequencies and chipsets.

    If you connected to AT&T orlando prior to IOS 5.1, you would get a 3G symbol on your display, after the upgrade, AT&T pushed apple to report it as 4G (even though it's not what most people would consider as true 4G).

    So obviously the phone wasn't doing true 4G or going any faster than it was before the upgrade but just the label had been changed.

    When we're debating if the iphone 5 will have 4G we're talking proper 4G lte like Verizon have in Orlando :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    SO what time is kick off then? Will we be getting IOS5 too today?















  5. #25
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 291490
    SO what time is kick off then? Will we be getting IOS5 too today?
    6pm I think? 1pm eastern...

    you have IOS5 already missus, it's IOS6 you want and yep, you'll be getting that although whether it'll come out today for existing devices or closer to the iphone 5 launch time I dont know
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 291491
    6pm I think? 1pm eastern...

    you have IOS5 already missus, it's IOS6 you want and yep, you'll be getting that although whether it'll come out today for existing devices or closer to the iphone 5 launch time I dont know
    1pm for us I really hope that I would like the phone!




  7. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone who's dying to know, here's the link to the MacWorld live feed of the event. This will be at 1:00PM EST.

    Apple's Fall iPhone Event live blog

    Tom (... IO, IO, it's IOS I go!)

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doh! Can't be an expert on everything















  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 291291
    The iphone 4s doesn't have 4G.. the 4 in its name stands for 4th generation iphone.

    What it DOES have is HSPA+ which is a 3G style technology but offering faster speeds using the same basic frequencies and chipsets.

    If you connected to AT&T orlando prior to IOS 5.1, you would get a 3G symbol on your display, after the upgrade, AT&T pushed apple to report it as 4G (even though it's not what most people would consider as true 4G).

    So obviously the phone wasn't doing true 4G or going any faster than it was before the upgrade but just the label had been changed.

    When we're debating if the iphone 5 will have 4G we're talking proper 4G lte like Verizon have in Orlando :)
    Ok thanks. All very confusing. Just been reading else where we will all be disappointed with no new iPhone later, is this true?

    Anyone else having iCloud email problems, mine been down for 26 hours now yet hubby's is fine. I see others are reporting the fault.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry tried looking for the link to watching it live but couldn't find it, could you post me a link please and i'll put it in my favourites















Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •