Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: new iphone 5?

Post Thanks / Like
    not getting a new phone as i don't need one but looking forward to playing with the new features of iOS 6

Post Thanks / Like
    When are you ordering yours Keith :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 291534
    not getting a new phone as i don't need one but looking forward to playing with the new features of iOS 6
    yeah no surprises in there, it's not a MUST HAVE but it'll be a lovely upgrade for anyone who wants a new phone. I'll be getting one.

The main thing really will be ios6 which will be available for everyone with 4/4s etc anyway next week so happy days really :D
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it looks very nice to be honest. Wish it was a tiny bit bigger.

Intereste to see how much it costs over here on the various tariffs , O2 said they would call me once they knew, but we will see I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea re the sim? I'm on a cheap tarrif at the moment so the temptation may be to buy one from apple direct and just ship the sim across from my O2 phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was actually glad to see the iPod refresh too. Course, I just bought one of the previous nanos and I'm very pleased with it. But the new ones look quite nice.

One thing I do like about the older iPod Nano that I just got is the clip on it. I can clip it to my sleeve or belt and not have to worry about a case. Don't see a clip on any of the new ones.

For the most part, I think I'm set for the time being. IOS 6 notwithstanding.

I do have one thing I'm wondering about however. With the advent of a larger screen size on the iPhone, and the rumors of a smaller iPad coming, is the market driving toward a single integrated device that's both an iPad and an iPhone? Granted, the vendors wouldn't want that since they'd only get to sell one device instead of two but still, I can't help but wonder.

What do you think?

Tom (... interesting nonetheless...)

Post Thanks / Like
    no word on the sim size yet :/ not conclusively anyway.

I REALLY thought it'd be nano sized even though I'd PREFER micro... but who knows! Either way the providers seem to have stocked up on nanos so if it DOES turn out that way it shouldnt be a big deal. Interesting that it's not in the specs though!

re convergence... I dont know. I dont enjoy browsing on any phone, not even the larger Samsung S3s etc whereas its very very usable on the ipad.

I think the only way it could happen would be if they came up with say a 6" device which was *SO* essential that we'd carry it round everywhere as a diary, wallet (with NFC to pay for stuff), note taker blah blah and it came with a tiny ear bud for phone comms.

I can't see a 4/5" device being good enough to replace an ipad for web, and likewise I cant see myself carry around a 7" tablet instead of a phone :/

Post Thanks / Like
    have you seen how much they are?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 291545
    no word on the sim size yet :/ not conclusively anyway.

I REALLY thought it'd be nano sized even though I'd PREFER micro... but who knows! Either way the providers seem to have stocked up on nanos so if it DOES turn out that way it shouldnt be a big deal. Interesting that it's not in the specs though!

re convergence... I dont know. I dont enjoy browsing on any phone, not even the larger Samsung S3s etc whereas its very very usable on the ipad.

I think the only way it could happen would be if they came up with say a 6" device which was *SO* essential that we'd carry it round everywhere as a diary, wallet (with NFC to pay for stuff), note taker blah blah and it came with a tiny ear bud for phone comms.

I can't see a 4/5" device being good enough to replace an ipad for web, and likewise I cant see myself carry around a 7" tablet instead of a phone :/
    Hi it is nano size im with tmobile and no idea if they would exchange my sim for nano size

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 291547
    have you seen how much they are?
    same prices as the 4s was at launch I think? maybe 30quid more (I think the 4s was 499? cant remember now)

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast