Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: new iphone 5?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 291589
    Chris was thinking about the iphone 5, but he's decided he's sticking with his Samsung Galaxy 2 for now. He prefers to have more flexibility to change things and do what he wants rather than being tied to what Apple will allow you to do

He said the same as you, he'd get bored and would find the iphone too basic after a while.

So I guess you need to decide if you really want to stick with Apple for your phone The Galaxy S3 is bigger than the S2 but Keith will be able to tell you if there is any other difference. It's not as big as the Note you had though, that was huge
    Mmmhhh it is a bit of dilemma is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 291583
    yeah I think we're at the point where most of the normal features are there and the extras are kinda ooo and ahhh but not really used every day.

So to be honest the iphone 5 has made a phone still usable in one hand, great looking, faster, better screen, better day to day featuers.

I'm happy enough :)
    Good point

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm interesting - EE are rolling out 4G on the hurry up - O2 who I am with at the moment aren't and the bands they are bidding on in the UK are not compatible with the iPhone 5 - there is rumour that they will offer an 'early upgrade' to another 4G phone in 6 months which doesn't interest me at all

So if you are all about the 4G compatibility then it may pay to watch and wait for a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 291663
    Hmm interesting - EE are rolling out 4G on the hurry up - O2 who I am with at the moment aren't and the bands they are bidding on in the UK are not compatible with the iPhone 5 - there is rumour that they will offer an 'early upgrade' to another 4G phone in 6 months which doesn't interest me at all

So if you are all about the 4G compatibility then it may pay to watch and wait for a bit
    I'd forget 4G over here for a while.. there'll be another iphone out before anything REALLY happens with 4G! EE (orange/tmobile) were able to get more space on 1800 for 4G which gives them an early chance but they'd still have to roll out across their transmitters which won't be instant.

voda/o2 are looking at lower bands which have better penetration so may ironically be better/need less towers etc. but the lower bands can interfere with freeview tv in some areas and SOME of the bands they want wont be free till 2015

So 4G is going to be a mess, and a lengthy implementation.

In the meantime, 3g/hspa+ etc is going to get better and phones are going to be more compatible as chips are developed to cover more ranges simultaneously.

Right now, o2 are the only uk network offering visual voicemail on iphone. I think i'd rather have THAT + good 3G than a small area covered by EE 4G ;-)

(sadly I'm on voda with work which has neither but there you go)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still undecided if should stay with iPhone 4s or move on to iPhone 5.

I have to admit that I am still thinking about getting an android phone but I do háve complete apple ecosystem etc.

Sigh....

Post Thanks / Like
    wel... as last time O2 have nothing on their site at all - Orange T mobile and Vodaphone all have their tarrifs and handset costs all up , absolute nada from O2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 291673
    wel... as last time O2 have nothing on their site at all - Orange T mobile and Vodaphone all have their tarrifs and handset costs all up , absolute nada from O2
    tbh they're all iffy

Vodafone dont know how many they have, whats in stock, and they cant say when they'll be able to give the new nano sims out - probably not at LEAST until launch day and then for new customers etc.

Year after year they make the same old basic mistakes.

Notice how they're all axing 18mth contracts and going for 12 (very very expensive) or 24 (encouraged) mth ones :(

It makes more and more sense to buy the phone outright and then just stick in a pay as you go sim
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 291676
    tbh they're all iffy

Vodafone dont know how many they have, whats in stock, and they cant say when they'll be able to give the new nano sims out - probably not at LEAST until launch day and then for new customers etc.

Year after year they make the same old basic mistakes.

Notice how they're all axing 18mth contracts and going for 12 (very very expensive) or 24 (encouraged) mth ones :(

It makes more and more sense to buy the phone outright and then just stick in a pay as you go sim
    £600 - ouch

Post Thanks / Like
    we found out recently that we get 20% discount on all vodafone contracts, got Dan's 4s on it

Post Thanks / Like
    O2 are genius

They texted me just as I got home from a bad day at work asking if I wanted to upgrade to an iPhone 5

Offered me a 'deal' as I had been with them a while now

32gb black handset for £249 and £26 a month for 24 months for unlimited minutes and texts and 1gb download

I will get £160 for my iPhone 4 through them as well

Pretty happy with that , all bought and paid for so will just wait for them to send me the phone when it comes, I presume as an 'upgrade' I can keep my number and I hope they simply send me a clone of the sim I have at the moment in nano form.

That wasn't really 'waiting' was it

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast