Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: downtown disney recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, just wondered what are peoples favorite restaurants in Downtown Disney were. We have never eaten there and are looking to go this year but not really sure where to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not actually eaten in a restaurant in DTD but do enjoy earl of sandwich and wolfgang puck cafe ( the one by the christmas store), these are bothe counter service places

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I enjoy Planet Hollywood sometimes. Sure it's not going to win any culinary awards any time soon but I enjoy the atmosphere and looking at the movie props. Sometimes late on, they have a DJ and some music which mixed with some cocktails is as close to party time as DTD gets these days.

House of blues is nice but I struggle to find something I REALLY like on the menu. Nevertheless, it's good.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Although we haven't eaten there in a while we've always liked Portobello Yacht Club. Raglan Road is great and the Sunday Gospel Brunch at House of Blues is fabulous.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We'd agree with Raglan Road. Great place and we really enjoyed the food.

We've also eaten at Bongo's Cuban Cafe but to be honest, I just couldn't find anything that blew me away there. And I do like Cuban food for the most part.

Tom (... but that's about it...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Weve done Cap'n Jack's and Raglan Road. Really enjoyed them both

Cap'n Jack's was calmer, and has a wonderful view of the rest of DTD

Raglan Road has the feel of a pub, its noisier, but the food is great and the entertainment kept our girls happy

Post Thanks / Like
    Just stopped by Raglan Road yesterday for a snack. Had the pate and scallops forest. The pate has changed (in a much smaller container now, and more chicken liver flavor than duck) but the scallops were nice. The Guinness was good too!

We do like Cooke's of Dublin for those rare times when we want nicely fried fish and chips. They've really expanded their menu. We prefer the fish and chips there over the ones served inside.

We also like the cubano (media noche) and papas rellenas at Bongo's. That's all we care for there though.

Not huge fans of dining at DTD overall. Things have changed up far too much.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    RAGLAN ROAD IS MY FAVOURITE ALSO LIKE PARADISO 37 NOT A FAN OF PLANET HOLLWOOD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 289559
    Well I enjoy Planet Hollywood sometimes. Sure it's not going to win any culinary awards any time soon but I enjoy the atmosphere and looking at the movie props. Sometimes late on, they have a DJ and some music which mixed with some cocktails is as close to party time as DTD gets these days.

House of blues is nice but I struggle to find something I REALLY like on the menu. Nevertheless, it's good.
    I think House of blues' food quality has gone down a bit. I remember struggling to pick which food I wanted to eat as too many lovely choices. However, few years ago and now it a case of finding which food I like

Post Thanks / Like
    House of Blues is fun to visit, but I can honestly say I'll never eat there again. They were fabulous when they first opened. Now? I could not even eat the food the last time we were there. To call it disgusting is fairly complimentary. Really, really disappointed.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast