Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: food at the olive garden

Post Thanks / Like
    Have always enjoyed Olive Garden as well. The ones we have been in have always been fairly consistent.
    Made the same mistake as Malcolm on the first visit, ordered a starter and then also presented with salad and breadsticks and that was me done! Have been more careful with ordering since!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I like their soup and salad lunches, not really into eating out Italian as I can make it home.Salad good though lol

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my children's favorites. Portions tend to be quite large, so Baleigh always orders the "lunch portion" even at dinner....and thanks to those breadsticks, she still ends up bringing some home!

I will say, Jon detests when they ask to go...he says there are so many other local places that do Italian much nicer. But the kids "know" Olive Garden, and it's consistent.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I just want some comfort food then I go to OG, if I want fancy Italian then I'll go elsewhere. It is a great place when we have the whole family together in Indiana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a bit of a mixed bag for us and Im not sure that I will be back. My chicken marsala was bland and tasteless but my dd's spaghetti with tomato sauce was excellent - the sauce was made with lots of olive oil, fresh chopped tomatoes and chopped black olives.We all tasted it and thought it was very good. I cant remember what my ds had but he wasnt overawed by it either. We did all love the soup though. So half of the dishes were good and the other half not. I would much rather try Maggiano's next time as the food gets consistently good reviews. It is more expensive though.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, Maggianos is wonderful!!!!

I used to not like Olive Garden at all. But then I found the chicken scampi and that is the only thing I order. It has a lovely garlic cream sauce. Mmm so good.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Their eggplant parmasen is amazing! I love the breadsticks too. It might not be 100% authentic and there probably are better italian restaurants but the food there is good and you alway leave full!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 289807
    It was a bit of a mixed bag for us and Im not sure that I will be back. My chicken marsala was bland and tasteless but my dd's spaghetti with tomato sauce was excellent - the sauce was made with lots of olive oil, fresh chopped tomatoes and chopped black olives.We all tasted it and thought it was very good. I cant remember what my ds had but he wasnt overawed by it either. We did all love the soup though. So half of the dishes were good and the other half not. I would much rather try Maggiano's next time as the food gets consistently good reviews. It is more expensive though.

Mags
    Maggiano's is MUCH more upscale than OG. the food is all served family style and copious in amounts, so be careful how much you order.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have less than 4 people you can order regular meals at Maggianos.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 289934
    If you have less than 4 people you can order regular meals at Maggianos.
    When did they start that Johnie, do you know? I know they didn't use to do that. We haven't been in years though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast