Thread: anyway to call home from disney for free?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any way to callhome from disney using my laptop for free or cheaply? could that skype do it and if it can, how? do both sides need it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you could do it with Skype most definitely if both ends have Skype. It has been so long since I have used Skype I don't remember if you can call a regular phone or not, but if you could there may be a charge.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't help you much with free calling but I do know that you can email a wicked neat post card from Innoventions.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing is though that to use Skype you need internet access and as far as I know that ISN'T free at most Disney resorts.

Wish it was - it would make it very economical to keep in touch!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's $10 (give or take) per day to use the internet at WDW?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It is, Tink. Actually, for 24 continuous hours of use. If you plan it well, you can use it over two days. I've done that to minimize the cost for business use. I was able to upload the data I needed for two days, skip a day, then do three more days--five days of data for the cost of two!

What can I say? I'm frugal, even on someone else's dime!