Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get to know you post?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. My name is Tom and I'm a Disaholic.

Oh wait. Wrong group. Oh well, it'll do.

Anyway, my user name is a tribute to that old 80's TV sitcom "ALF". Bestowed on me by a good friend I worked with at the time. He went by the handle "Orbit Guard". Also, courtesy of ALF and the planet Melmac.

I have been a Disaholic since I was a wee child and watched the original Mickey Mouse club on tv. My DW and I first started visiting the World regularly about 1995. Since that time, we've probably made 10 or 11 trips.
    Additionally, we've become tremendous fans of the Disney Cruise Line. So far, we've completed 4 cruises and are anxious to go again.

I work as a technonerd for a large, nameless, financial organization. That's my day job anyway. For the remainder of my time, I'm a Apple Mac fanboy and am working on some iPhone applications in my spare time.
    Also, doing some web development for my son-in-laws business.

And now you know... the rest of the story. Good day.

Tom (... with apologies to Paul Harvey.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see....

My name is Bille and I recently graduated with my doctorate in psychology. I now have a few more letters behind my name, and have also gained more debt than I can think of without hyperventilating.

I have always loved theme parks. Growing up I visited Kings Dominion, as well as Seaworld(s), and the parks out in CA (Disney and Universal). Being a horror fan I'll never forget seeing the Psycho house in Universal.

My first trip to FL was several years ago, and it was to Universal only (basically it was a weekend trip). After that I saved to go to the theme park of all theme parks: WDW. Since that first trip to WDW I crave it....yep, I'm an addict.

Of course, I wouldn't be me if I didn't mention my heart and world (who is currently sleeping on my lap): Arthur. Arthur, my Maltipoo, will be 6 this year in December.

Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Clint. I grew up in Chicago and have now been residing in Fort Myers, Florida the past six years. I have been married to my beautiful wife Stefanie for almost 18 years. I have worked for one of the nation's largest homebuilders as a staff accountant the past 15 years. I love to cook, travel and enjoy fantasy sports (baseball & football). We have a Zuchon named Cubbie and a tuxedo cat named Payton...both are rescues.

My parents instilled a love for Disney in me and my sister at an early age. I still remember my Winnie the Pooh record player (I wish I still had that) and the many, many Disney albums I would listen to for hours on end. Our first trip to Disney World was back in 1979 when I was eight and I've been hooked on WDW ever since. After that trip in '79 my parents tried to make reservations for the EPCOT grand opening in 1982 but were not able to get in so we went in 1983 and were there for the opening of Horizons. We would go on to go to WDW every other year ('85, '87, '89, '91 and '93) and make the reservations on the day we left so that we knew we were going to be returning. We never stayed anywhere other than the Polynesian. We would also drive every time. Those 1,100 miles felt like forever when you're a kid but we all had a great time. These family trips were my best and favorite memories growing up. Now that my Dad is gone it's still difficult sometimes for me when we go but then all the great memories rush back to me and I then feel better knowing he would be happy that we are still able to enjoy the parks the same way we all enjoyed the parks all those years ago.

I was lucky enough to marry someone who also loves Disney. While growing up she had only been there one other time but once I took her there she loved it as much as I do. We honeymooned there and stayed at OKW. At that time I think it was stilled known as The Vacation Club Resort.

As you can see in my signature we have been to WDW many more times and have been on 3 DCL cruises. We have never been to any other Disney park but would like someday to visit Disneyland and DisneySeas in Japan.

People think we're nuts sometimes. Going to Disney so much, especially since we don't have kids. I try to tell them it's not all about the kids but about feeling like a kid again. They just look at us with a dumbfounded look. I guess they just don't get it and unfortunately for them, they probably never will.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Vikki.....I have a genius user name don't I? ;)
    Anyway, I live in the middle of Lincolnshire with my husband of 11 years and my 5 year old son and 1 year old daughter.
    I do tend to lurk around here but have decided to come out and play a bit more :D
    We've been to Disney 5 times, the first of which was our honeymoon in September 2001. Our very first day in the MK was September 11th....a day we'll never forget.
    We're going back again next year to POFQ :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Vikki! I didn't know you had a little girl, too? How nice!!! (Ahem. Time for photos, Miss). :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 290094
    Vikki! I didn't know you had a little girl, too? How nice!!! (Ahem. Time for photos, Miss). :D

I know!!! I was going to write the same thing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok it is my turn I guess :)

I am Shelly (another member of the special name club!). The amc are my initials, but also happen to be Dh's initials as well. I have also been called Shellymac 1,000 times, but nobody really knows why they call me that

I live way over here in Upstate NY and no, I can't see the city from here We are about 4 hours away on a good day. I have been a stay at home Mom every since my first child was born and it is the hardest thing I have ever done. There are days I would give anything to be able to leave the house and work, but the other 95% of the time I am so blessed and happy that I am able to stay home. My husband Drew and I have been married for 12 years (wow!) this October. My babies are Katelyn Rose (5-almost 6), Marc Nicholas-3, and the newest member Anthony Joseph - 4 months!

Dh and I had won a trip to Hawaii for our honeymoon, but he knew that I had my heart set on Disney World and so that is where we went :) I think that was the last concession he made..ha! That trip was our most magical and our last trip in October 2011 was a close second. We got to take my kids for the first time, my parents who had not been since their honeymoon 36 years ago, and we found out I was pregnant a few weeks before we left! There have been a few other trips in between and we are planning our next adventure for November 2013.

I think that just about covers it :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I'm Deafjeff (Jeff) from Caerphilly, South Wales. Married to Clarkkent (Stephen) and we both are Disney fans!

We managed to go to WDW every two years by chance. Largely thanks to our travel agent who manage to keep our costs down

We are going to WDW next week. There's a story behind this trip.......

I work for UK first ever Deaf Law Centre and I have just been promoted from Ambassador to Law Centre Manager.

Stephen just qualified as British Sign Language/English Interpreter so he is working as freelancer.

By the way this is a fab thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I guess I'm another one of the special name club

I'm Wendy and it was always a dream of mine to go to Walt Disney World one day. I was lucky enough to marry a wonderful man who made it possible for my dream to come true. We went for a belated honeymoon in 1991 and it was everything I dreamed it would be. We have now been married 24 years and next year we plan to celebrate our 25th anniversary at WDW.

My DH is a convert to Disney but after 5 trips he is happy to go back year after year although we are spending less time at the parks and more time seeing other parts at the moment.

We have been to WDW, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris but my heart belongs to WDW :D

I have met some of my closest friends through this and another forum and some have become part of my family.

We are lucky enough to be able to go every year now and tend to stay off site in a house as it is more comfortable for me and we love the convenience of being able to eat in if we want to.

I am lucky enough not to work - I'm a kept woman Although I do help out here as much as I can.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go Mari and Tink....any excuse to show pics of my baby, although she's 18 months now!

[ATTACH]12546.vB[/ATTACH]

No idea why it's the wrong day round.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast