Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Best coffee in WDW park

  1. #11
    Senior Member Mags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 290293
    We love that little cafe especially with the cheeky birds! However I'm not too keen on their coffee. I think they use bog standard coffee
    Is that Starring Rolls in HS Jeff? If so,no, they grind their own on the premises and it is great coffee. You can see the machine at work as you enter. Another good spot for decent coffee in HS is Writer's Stop, and of course you have to have one of the best sweet eats in WDW there - the carrot cake cookie. Kona Cafe serves probably the best I have tasted but we also like Kusafiri's coffee in AK.

    Mags

  2. #12
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    We always used to stop by a shop near the fountain in Epcot. Used to have great coffees, lattes etc to go with baked goods. Think it is now an ice cream place.










  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 290316
    Is that Starring Rolls in HS Jeff? If so,no, they grind their own on the premises and it is great coffee. You can see the machine at work as you enter. Another good spot for decent coffee in HS is Writer's Stop, and of course you have to have one of the best sweet eats in WDW there - the carrot cake cookie. Kona Cafe serves probably the best I have tasted but we also like Kusafiri's coffee in AK.

    Mags
    The cafe im referring to is writer's stop Will give starring rolls a go




  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will give Kona cafe a try also!




  5. #15
    Senior Member Mags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 290327
    The cafe im referring to is writer's stop Will give starring rolls a go
    OK. Writer's Stop coffee is definitely freshly ground and not instant.

    Mags

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 290329
    OK. Writer's Stop coffee is definitely freshly ground and not instant.

    Mags
    Has it always use freshly ground not instant?




  7. #17
    Senior Member Mags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 290330
    Has it always use freshly ground not instant?
    As long as I have gone there Jeff it has been the case. I hate instant coffee with a passion and the one thing I did before going to WDW was to check out where I could get proper coffee. Both Starring Rolls and Writer's Stop always appeared as providers of freshly ground coffee.
    Below is just one of the delicious cup cakes/brownies you can get there

    Mags
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 290337
    As long as I have gone there Jeff it has been the case. I hate instant coffee with a passion and the one thing I did before going to WDW was to check out where I could get proper coffee. Both Starring Rolls and Writer's Stop always appeared as providers of freshly ground coffee.
    Below is just one of the delicious cup cakes/brownies you can get there

    Mags
    That great! For some reason I thought it was an instant coffee




  9. #19
    Senior Member uscwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    On one of our first trips to WDW it was the Christmas season. They had Douwe Egbert's at all the resorts. Now it is that blasted Nescafé.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk





    My Facebook Profile: Facebook

    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix



  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not keen on instant myself. I am wondering if Coronado Springs Resort does ground or instant?




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •