Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My First Day Freshman :)

Post Thanks / Like
    When did she grow up so much??

I hope she has a wonderful first day!

Post Thanks / Like
    How old is she beccaberry? I can't get time grips with freshman, seniors etc in terms of ages

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Becca, another milestone. She looks ready! Good on you Mom. Enjoy the time as it slips away fast. My DD Alex is a college senior. Drag your heels and get time to slow down.

Post Thanks / Like
    That old song is drifting through my head...

"Turn around, and she's a young girl going out of the door. Turn around, turn around, ... turn around and she's a young wife with babes of her own."

I don't remember it all, but it was a favorite of my Da's ages ago.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 290317
    Oh Becca, another milestone. She looks ready! Good on you Mom. Enjoy the time as it slips away fast. My DD Alex is a college senior. Drag your heels and get time to slow down.
    Wow, talk about things that don't seem possible. A college SENIOR. It seems it wasn't that long ago that she was starting high school.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 290377
    Wow, talk about things that don't seem possible. A college SENIOR. It seems it wasn't that long ago that she was starting high school.
    John, can you believe it? We do go back a fairly long way don't we? Where has all the time gone? I get sort of sad thinking about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, everyone. Hard to believe indeed. According to her, she had a GREAT first day, and loves her new school. While I am always proud of her, I was extraordinarily so this week. She had gone to volleyball try-outs Saturday, Monday and Tuesday, and Tuesday night just before the start of school the next day, she was cut from the team. She was really disappointed and I was worried this would paralyze her on her first day of school. But you know what? She had a good cry, then she squared her shoulders, shook it off, dyed her hair (apparently this is therapeutic for her?), and was all smiles and excitement on the first day. That makes me proud.

Here's to another good year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 290262
    How old is she beccaberry? I can't get time grips with freshman, seniors etc in terms of ages

She'll be 14 on Sunday :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Becca, what is up with that? I can't tell you how many colors Alex's hair has been over the past few years. She describes it the same way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 290439
    Yeah, Becca, what is up with that? I can't tell you how many colors Alex's hair has been over the past few years. She describes it the same way.
    Right? I have no idea...but I've always maintained that her hair is hers...and she can express herself however she wants...and boy does she!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast