Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paralympics

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too strangely. Especially when he had the stubbly beard real gentleman and most peoples 'gateway paralympian' ;)

Wish he'd turned up yesterday in massive blades.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 291071
    Well I was in tears with it all last night, not a trace of pity just overwhelming pride. Incredible spectacle that IMHO has been BETTER than the Olympics which is something I cannot believe Im saying. Have spoken via twitter to Jonathan Fox, Jessica Long ( chuffed face) and just a minute ago the Paralympic association of the USA who spectacularly missed my whole point about the lack of US coverage and therefore support and understanding.

It has been a revelation the stories behind these Heroes is jawdroping, Jonnies backstory for one would have any parent in tears.
    We knew Johnathon Fox and his family when him and Beth were babies. Sadly lost contact when they were around 4/5. I remember is mum saying that the Drs had told her not to expect much from him. Oh how wrong was the Dr.i bet his mum Mary just beems with pride. Such a lovely family. Certainly touched me to see him get gold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone I am talking to feels the same. Fleet street fox wrote a brilliant article for the mirror on how it makes Bolt and Hoys achievements pale.

I honestly think these games will change the country and people's opinions, it's certainly a phenomenal first step and I hope they get more coverage on the sports channels from now on. I will seek it out and will try and see it live at every opportunity.

Interested to know your thoughts mcl

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I work with a 9 year old boy who has significant left-sided weakness and this week he's been telling me about how he's going to become an olympic cyclist because he's seen on the TV that you don't need to have 2 working arms and legs to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is unbelievably sad to me that this wasn't shown here :-(

People can do anything they set their mind to. Regardless of how their original parts work or don't work.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will never forget seeing 80,000 people chanting 'peacock, peacock'

That is the enduring image I want the athletes and the world to have of us as a nation.

I don't get why there was no coverage in the US the Paralympic US body told me it was yet noone here can find it.

I can't really put across strongly enough for people who haven't seen it that it has been Magnificent. I am watching blind football at the moment and I have to keep reminding myself they are blind.

Seb Coe was very gracious yesterday saying you can prepare every detail of a games but not the public support and that has been the thing all the athletes have found the most overwhelming. Everyone is cheered

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm not sure that i agree with the mirror article that it makes Bolt and Hoy's achievements pale

Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't meant in that way , she is a humorist. Just saying watching someone with one leg only being a second slower is just superhuman.

Feel sad now :(

One last time my pic of Oscar. So so glad we saw him at the Olympics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Phwoar!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried to find the article online but couldn't.

I must admit His muscle definition is .....well....gulp .....ok PHWOARRRRRRR!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast