Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone - my name's Dave and Ann was my wife - but I guess you may have known that already

Its taken me a little while to put this together - apologies for this

I wont go into the detail of the circumstances of what happened - it was a bad time - but I did see that Ann had relayed some of the progression of what occured - but the day we found out 2 weeks ago was something that I relive vividly in itself - but that was nothing compared to what was to happen

We have set the date of the service at the Bournemouth crematorium at 2.15 on friday being a week tomorrow (7th I think) - if you wish to come - please do - I would be happy to see you - though of course I know many of you are so far away - and please dont worry if you are unable to make it

Its the crematorium as Ann had always been very specific in the past about that side of things - there wont be flowers as Ann was never keen on flowers - I know thats a little unusual - but we thought we would keep it with what she liked - and thanks for the cards I have received as well

I know she really enjoyed her time with you all here - I know I had not started any posts before - but Ann showed me lots of the entries over time and I had contributed to some replies

I love Disney too - maybe not quite enough to want to go every year - but I knew how important it was to Ann - and we were lucky enough to fit in a few visits in the far too few short years we had together - in fact I remember that I was able to show Ann some parts of the parks that she was unaware of - there are so many happy memories of those times - and that makes me smile

I also remember the assistance and the gifts we received for our wedding - it was just the perfect day - for the perfect wife

I know how disappointed Ann was that we were not going to NY and we had read the recent posts that were put up by Mick I think it was, together - she so wanted to see the high line and all the sights

I have been truly touched with all the messages I have received - my apologies if I forgot to answer any - as well as the comments I saw on the earlier threads

I have also been impressed that you could see just what a lovely person Ann was - you can imagine how lucky I was - she was so devoted to me - I had never experienced anything like it - and we were so similar in our habits - soulmate may be an over used phrase - but it really was true

I would like to carry on as this name of daveann - though maybe not as often as Ann (!) - if just for the fact that she will live on in another way - because I know she will live on in all of you that knew her - and I will enjoy talking with you because in some small way I will be with Ann - so please feel free to message me if you like

Sorry not sure on the icons or tags - so hopefully this will all come out OK

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for writing Dave

Im at a loss for words at the moment, but thank you very much for coming over for a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to think of us. I will be there in spirit for the ceremony. Ann was a special friend and a very sweet woman. I'm glad I was able to know her.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dave. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Ann was a much beloved member of this site, as you know. We feel we know you a bit too, as she always spoke so highly of you, and the completeness of her love for you. It is a truly wonderful gift, the love you have for each other.

Ann's enthusiasm for all things Disney was contagious. She shared all her excitement with us and we were all richer for having known her.

I do so hope you come here and join us when you can. We'll miss our Ann forever, but with you here, it will help us too.

Please take care and know that each one of us will be there with you on Friday.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on your lovely wife. Although we never met you and she in person it is like she was a member of the family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sopleased you came on g=here to post about Ann, I wss going to message you on FB but as I only knew Ann I didn't know if it was the' done' thing.

I spoke to Ann on FB and read her recent posts about your anniversary, you are so right, she really was devoted to you and loved you with all her heart.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss Dave (and ours) Ann was such a lovely lady and it will be so nice if you can pop on here occasionally so we all know how you are doingg.

I'm in Florida at the moment so I can't make it on the 7th as we don't come hoem until the 9th but I will keep you all in my prayers

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, it is so good to "see" you here. There really are no words..nothing pretty to say. Our world is a little less bright without her here and she will never be forgotten.

Thank you for sharing her with us...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, I don't come on here as much as I should, but uscwest. told me of Ann's illness and that she passe away . I'm absolutely numb . She was a lovely, giving friend . I remenber how excited she was when you & her got married in FLorida . She truly was devoted and very much in love with you . She will always be with you & watch over you . I cannot tell you how devastated I am that she passed . I wish I had been here to send positive vibes and talk with her . I will be with you in spirit . I'm so very sorry for your loss .
    May God be with you !

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of hugs for your Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no words Dave, nothing I could say would change anything.

Just know you are among friends and you will always be welcome here.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast