Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smashing bunch of people

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt I had to write this.

A friend, (a mum from school is perhaps a better description), I know who goes to Orlando every other year has been going on about another forum that she is a member of you will probably know of it. Out of interest I had a quick look today. I was astonished at the amount of people who are on there and how quickly it changes.

What struck me as I read through some of the posts is how rude they are to one another. Someone may ask some advice, others will give it then you will get someone come along and basically rip to pieces what others have said. There's no grace, understanding or respect of others and their experiences and opinions, they're just down right rude. One of those who was particularly bad was a forum host, they obviously have a very inflated opinion of themselves. We don't all agree with each other, naturally, but there is a nice way of saying so.

Looking at that forum made me realise how lovely you all are, of course I did know that before but it has just been confirmed again.

You are a really great bunch of people and I am very lucky to be a part of this group.

Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean. (might know where you've been looking as well)
    I was lucky enough to meet up with a few great people from this forum last week and we had the same chat, I think we have the best people on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve a pretty good idea as to which site you are referring to...no names, no pack drill!

Many of us here on Secrets first "met" on another Disney site and [thanks to Keith] decided to get this place up and running with a prime intention of making it one of the most friendly Disney sites around, and to this end, thanks to all, I reckon that this aim has been achieved.
    Sure we all have our own thoughts and opinions on many issues, that`s human nature for you, but at least our members know how to behave and voice their thoughts without willingly causing offence.

Post Thanks / Like
    willingly being the operative word LOL

stay away from those nasty places Sam although i'm guilty of looking, it's like dipping your toe into the freezing cold sea, you know it's not going to be warm enough to swim but you have to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a lovely thing to say Sam

We do try to make this a friendly place to come, we do very occasionally get people who try to upset the way the status quo, but thankfully it doesn't happen very often.

You should tell your friend to come over and join us :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being the nosey person I am I'm intrigued as to what site you're talking about

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I may know which site you mean.

If it's the one I think, I get lots of bookings from the site and all the guests we have had have been really lovely.

Saying that, I know there is a small group who seem to make a habit of snipping at any post they don't agree with.

I know quite often threads have to be closed or some posts deleted.

Still, I am the same whichever site I'm on and do my best to be nice to everyone and that's pretty much how I live my life.

If you can't say something nice, then don't say nothing at all (I'm sure you all recognise that little quote :-))

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    We certainly do have a very friendly group of folks here. It is refreshing to come to a site where one can pretty much say what they wish, within reason of course, and not get slapped on the hand, or banned for it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto, I get gobsmacked by some of the comment. There was a discussion if should declare your purchases (if it is over the limit) and oh boy there are some heated discussion. It went from a simple question to discussion and debate about NHS. Some valid point but how it being discussed is not always had a positive 'tone'

I am just glad of this forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 290742
    I`ve a pretty good idea as to which site you are referring to...no names, no pack drill!

Many of us here on Secrets first "met" on another Disney site and [thanks to Keith] decided to get this place up and running with a prime intention of making it one of the most friendly Disney sites around, and to this end, thanks to all, I reckon that this aim has been achieved.
    Sure we all have our own thoughts and opinions on many issues, that`s human nature for you, but at least our members know how to behave and voice their thoughts without willingly causing offence.
    Yes, exactly...I was fortuate to be asked by Mick to follow many of the others to our new digs and couldn't have been happier.

Now Terry, could you please translate "no pack drill" into American English? Hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast