Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm back!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a wonderful trip!! We stayed off site in a condo (Orange Lake) and then spent the last 2 nights at The Beach Club. I have never stayed there before and it is now my new favorite resort!! I need to win the lotto so I can afford to stay more than a couple of nights!!

I did a couple of new things. Lunch with an Imagineer, ghost your at the Titanic exhibit and dinner show at Treasure Tavern.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 290829
    I had a wonderful trip!! We stayed off site in a condo (Orange Lake) and then spent the last 2 nights at The Beach Club. I have never stayed there before and it is now my new favorite resort!! I need to win the lotto so I can afford to stay more than a couple of nights!!

I did a couple of new things. Lunch with an Imagineer, ghost your at the Titanic exhibit and dinner show at Treasure Tavern.
    Welcome home and I totally need to hear about it all

I'm staying at the beach club in December for the first time (just a few nights) so I'm hoping it's nice

Titanic I've looked outside but never quite tried it a d treasure tavern I'd love to try but I'm too scared lol
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have eaten at The Beach Club several times (Cape May and Beaches & Cream) and have always taken a look at Christmas time. The resort is beautiful and in a perfect location (so close to Epcot and DHS). I was truly surprised that I loved the carpeting in the hallways (where the guest rooms are) and the room itself. I booked a standard room with AP discount. Our room had a little 1 person balcony. Looking straight out we had a view of the roof. But we could also see a good deal of the pool. There is a cute lamp that would look fantastic in my beach themed living room! It is Mickey sitting in a lifeguard chair. We ate at Beaches and Cream and were also able to get a walk up for the Cape May Clambake. We had a fantastic server, David. The Oreo bon bons are no longer on the dinner buffet. BUT they will be available in the store/quick service location. Upon hearing how much we loved the Oreo bon bons, David brought us out two of them.

Stormalong Bay is fantastic! I absolutely LOATHE being in a bathing suit in public. This is a BIG DEAL for me. I was in a bathing suit in public and DID NOT CARE!!! The pool area is fantastic!! If you are going to stay there, save some time just for the pool!!

Treasure Tavern was lots of fun! It was bawdy and the food was pretty good too (especially for a dinner show!). There are no children allowed and it's a good thing. It's a bit vulgar but fun. Reminded me a tad bit of the Adventurer's Club.

Lunch with an Imagineer was excellent and I'll post a separate review.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    How likely would Is it that I would be picked on at treasure tavern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Forgot about Titanic! I have done the regular tour twice. Once in 2002 when it was at The Mercado and then again in 2011. I highly recommend it. You can find a Buy One Get One Free coupon in the Orlando Entertainment books.

In 2011, I did the Titanic dinner show. Also very good but it had a surprise at the end that I was NOT expecting.

We did the ghost tour on Thursday. It was ok. The people who did it were really nice. They talked about all the omens, premonitions, etc that happened before the ship sailed and stuff after the accident. They also talked about paranormal things they had seen while working there.

I believe there are all sorts of things one cannot see. I also believe that I can see ghosts. BUT I am scared to death to see one so I put this out into the universe that I do NOT want them interacting with me. So far so good. Nothing happened on our tour which could be due to me not wanting to see anything or maybe there was nothing to see? Don't know. I wouldn't recommend this one.

I highly recommend the regular Titanic tour. It is fantastic!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 290832
    How likely would Is it that I would be picked on at treasure tavern?
    Picked on to go onstage? They picked a 3 men for a bit. Then there was a birthday boy that the host lady teased and put his face into her bosom. The wives/girlfriends seemed to offer up their men though

The characters did interact with us before the show started. Maybe you should go with Terry he tends to get picked on instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 290834
    The characters did interact with us before the show started. Maybe you should go with Terry he tends to get picked on instead
    good plan!

Interesting about Titantic as well. I always seem to arrive there at the wrong time for a tour :/ twice I've been in and they've said well there arent enough people to do a tour at the moment so you can just wander round. I think I'd like the tour really.

Post Thanks / Like
    It all sounds great. I need to check out the treasure tavern.

The location of the beach club is ideal. That's what I loved about the dolphin. Location, location, location.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 290833
    Oh! Forgot about Titanic! I have done the regular tour twice. Once in 2002 when it was at The Mercado and then again in 2011. I highly recommend it. You can find a Buy One Get One Free coupon in the Orlando Entertainment books.

In 2011, I did the Titanic dinner show. Also very good but it had a surprise at the end that I was NOT expecting.

We did the ghost tour on Thursday. It was ok. The people who did it were really nice. They talked about all the omens, premonitions, etc that happened before the ship sailed and stuff after the accident. They also talked about paranormal things they had seen while working there.

I believe there are all sorts of things one cannot see. I also believe that I can see ghosts. BUT I am scared to death to see one so I put this out into the universe that I do NOT want them interacting with me. So far so good. Nothing happened on our tour which could be due to me not wanting to see anything or maybe there was nothing to see? Don't know. I wouldn't recommend this one.

I highly recommend the regular Titanic tour. It is fantastic!!
    How far is the titanic tour from WDW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time Johnie.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast