Thread: Florida mall

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

We are going to the Florida Mall tomorrow. We are wondering if it is better (and cheaper) if we get a taxi from down town disney to the mall. if there will be taxi around 9am?

Or just get a taxi from our resort? (CSR)

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going by taxi I don't think there would be an appreciable difference between catching it from your resort and catching it from DTD. Your hotel guest services can call you a taxi or there is likely to be a queue at DTD.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 291299
    If you are going by taxi I don't think there would be an appreciable difference between catching it from your resort and catching it from DTD. Your hotel guest services can call you a taxi or there is likely to be a queue at DTD.
    Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree.

Take the bus to DTD the Marketplace and get a cab there. There are always cabs waiting for fares there!

It will take some of the price off the meter, as it's a bit closer to the Florida Mall than is CSR.

Be certain to tell the cabbie you want to go DIRECTLY to the Florida Mall, and not some sightseeing round about way. One of the most direct routes is I 4 to the Beachline (528) to the OBT where the mall is.

Enjoy your visit to the mall.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about the mall, as we changed our plans and went to outlets, but the CM at the front desk of the All Stars sent us to DTD, and it shaved off half the fare. Had no problems snagging a cab (we were directed to PI side, by Planet Hollywood, where there were tons waiting) and returned there as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Result is: from DTD to the mall $43. From the mall back to the hotel: $44.

Either way, it's $20 more per journey than what we paid two years ago.

Recession... What's that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk