Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Daytona 500 Trip - Take Two - Pre-trippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic! Everything crossed that it all works out for you!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a rather cool commercial that was done for the 2009 Daytona 500 that oughta help set the mood.

From a slightly different perspective. Crank the volume up and blow it up to full screen.

Ain't CGI a kick!

Tom (... )

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah wow! I've been lucky and got to see 2 Daytona 500 races. One we got wind burn and the second one it was ridiculously hot but enjoyed the both all the same.
    Try and get the tickets so they can go round the pits and watch the driver introductions and stuff like that.
    Maybe try and book a hotel close to Daytona so if it gets rained off then it's not too much trouble to get back there the next day :)

Post Thanks / Like
    As some of you will know from Facebook, we have had to cancel this time

In Late Oct / early Nov DH lost his main contract as 3UK who he was fitting alarms in have decided that they will no longer be alarming mobile phones in the stores.
    Luckily a short-term contract came his way but this has just about finished and he has nothing else to go on to.
    We have had to be sensible and put away the money we have in case he is unable to get a permanent job any time soon.

However, all is not bad as we have managed to get a bargain trip to Lanzarote for a week 7 - 14 Feb.
    I have a new camera to play with so hopefully I may be able to share some pics when I return, because you all don't want a full trip report do you
    We're staying in a villa in Playa Blanca, in a private villa with flights on Monarch from Luton. I've visited the island about 16 years ago so it will be nice to go back and see what has changed.

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear your news Nicki You are doing the right thing, but then you don't need me telling you that

You will have a lovely time in Lanzarote, we have friends that go every year and they love it.

Disney isn't going anywhere it will still be there waiting for you for when you can go back

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou Wendy

I was a bit upset when I cancelled all our ADRs, and it took me a while to post here - silly really, I know it will still be there when we're ready

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell, post: 300251
    Thankyou Wendy

I was a bit upset when I cancelled all our ADRs, and it took me a while to post here - silly really, I know it will still be there when we're ready
    I'm not surprised you were upset having to cancel your ADRs makes it even more real

You don't need to stay away just because you aren't going to Disney, you have lots of experience to help people with their planning AND we will need a trip report from Lanzarote Miss :D you aren't getting away with that.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love a full trip report on Lanzarote as not only have I never been there, but I've never heard of it before you posted this!

I know it's disappointing to have to push your plans back, but take it from me (who has been having to do that for more years than I like on our return to Ireland) you will be able to return! It's important to be able to do so without worry about spending money and that sort of thing, isn't it?

So, all that to say, I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing all about your alternative holiday!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We have wifi there so I will try to do some live updates too!

Thank you Sister Tink
    Lanzarote was beautiful when I went so so many years ago so I am hoping it hasn't changed too much.
    I am actually really looking forward to it. We're going to have dinner cooked by volcano heat, which I never got round to last time.
    It's normally warm year round too as it is a small island just off of the coast of Africa, but even if it rains we'll still have a fantastic time

Nicki

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast