Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be Our Guest Restaurant at the New Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom to Serve Alcohol

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 291665

Keith, I too have seen no problems with alcohol at EPCOT or AK or DHS.

I honestly don't have an opinion one way or the other. I don't think I would like to see beer carts all over the place though...

I do have to say that we saw some craziness at EPCOT on this last trip. It was October and so the F&W festival was going on. We saw a few groups of people that we VERY loud and fairly out of control and just when we thought we had avoided them we saw a man stumbling around swearing to himself with about 6 empty beer mugs in his hands. I was a little surprised and it did a little bit of damage to the "Disney magic" feeling for us

Post Thanks / Like
    I always try and err on the side of not denying something if I can.

I'd prefer no strollers allowed in parks but I realise that's daft and would impact hugely on others so that's fine, I'll live with the broken shins.

Live and let live and all that.

If people are causing problems to other people whether through alcohol or just general idiocy, they should be spoken to and ultimately removed from the park. Period.

That shouldn't stop the vast majority of sensible people having a glass of wine with dinner though
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 291677
    I always try and err on the side of not denying something if I can.

I'd prefer no strollers allowed in parks but I realise that's daft and would impact hugely on others so that's fine, I'll live with the broken shins.

Live and let live and all that.

If people are causing problems to other people whether through alcohol or just general idiocy, they should be spoken to and ultimately removed from the park. Period.

That shouldn't stop the vast majority of sensible people having a glass of wine with dinner though
    I agree. I honestly don't have much of an opinion since I don't drink that much. I used to have a few drinks here and there, but after having 3 kids and having to stay away from it for so long, I can't handle much. I don't see why serving alcohol in a restaurant would ever be a problem, but I would like to a avoid a situation where masses of people are walking around the MK with alcohol in their hand

Post Thanks / Like
    Alcohol with a meal seems reasonable, but I would prefer personally not to see it on beer carts round the park. For me, Epcot seems the grown up park so I can see alcohol fitting in there, but MK is more about children and so I don't think there is a place for beer.

To be honest I'm not really bothered either way as long as it doesn't affect the whole magic.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose I'm always amazed that people see someone with a glass of beer or wine as being a GASP! moment

I've no problem with people buying a beer or a wine wherever they want to right up until they impact someone elses day and then, whether alcohol induced or just bad temper induced ;-) there's a problem.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember being in Epcot one afternoon outside the American Adventure pavilion and a very drunk young American male suddenly became convinced I was a cast member and begged me to let him know where to get a turkey leg from. After much trying to give him directions and him failing to remember them I took him by the arm and walked him to the turkey leg stand where I handed him over to the bemused cast member there.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Magic Kingdom is the park that is more for children and I honestly don't think Disney will start selling beer or wine at the carts.

I think it's about time they allowed adults to drink in the restaurants, but I do think that should be restricted to the Table Service Restaurants only

We've been in Epcot and seen a large group of young men very drunk and very loud - it was during the F&WF. I have nothing against people getting drunk if that rocks their boat but I don't like seeing it when there are children around especially if they are swearing I obviously had a look of disgust on my face because a cast member saw me shaking my head and said we call it the Food and Drunk Festival for that very reason

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    See? For all the times I've been, I've had none of those sorts of experiences. I know during FWF there is an unfortunate "drink around the world" thing that some do, but that's to Disney to prevent obnoxious drunkeness. If only they could do something about obnoxious parents, too eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 291688
    If only they could do something about obnoxious parents, too eh?
    that would be very good oh oh and the people on a stroller crusade

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast