Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice about money left in room

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a habit of putting loose change into pots/tins.

We did the same here. One glass with British money and another with American coins. Our usual cleaner has left them alone until there's enough there for a tip and we leave a note for her to help herself.

Yesterday: new cleaner, takes both lots of money.

Reported to manager who says that some non-English speaking staff, regardless of whether a note is left, will take any money left in the room as a genuine assumption it's for them.

Though what they'll do with 4.50 we don't know.

Manager of course mentioned the safe though Jeff responded by saying that we should be able to trust staff to leave things alone.

She's off to investigate while we have breakfast.

Slight dampener on things. Not so much that the money is gone but that's it's gone without permission. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    This happened to my brother too. We stay on ID when we go, he put all his change in a cup on the dresser and it was never touched, then in the second week the cleaner just took it. He was not happy. He was going to leave a big tip at the end of the holiday to say thank you but promptly changed his mind. You just dont expect it to happen really do you

Post Thanks / Like
    I do think it's poor behavior for them to take it and you are right to have reported it since it bothered you. The only comfort I can offer you is that I do truly believe what the manager is saying...it's more of an oversight (and poor manners) than a malicious act.

Hope you see some satisfaction, friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are still investigating. Our regular cleaner confirmed that the rules are quite clear do not take money unless specifically instructed to do so by the guest.

However, they offered us $25 Disney gift card which is more than what we asked for so can't really complain really.

We shall keep you all posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely offer, for sure. But in the end, it's really not about the money is it? It's about that measure of safety and trust you have in all things Disney being ever so slightly fractured.

Have a great day anyway ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 292002
    Lovely offer, for sure. But in the end, it's really not about the money is it? It's about that measure of safety and trust you have in all things Disney being ever so slightly fractured.

Have a great day anyway ;-)
    I agree it is anyway we not going to let it to spoil the day

Post Thanks / Like
    Good on you! Hoping something really magical happens to you two on balance today! x

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the thing... the regular cleaners know the protocol... then the relief or whatever they call them, the cleaners that clean on the regs day off, are not the same..... we noticed that. Don't know if they are agency cleaners or not, not sure but they do *feel* different iykwim?

Our *relief* cleaner at Coronado Springs literally drooled all over my husband! She couldn't take her eyes off him in the pool so much so she crashed her cart............... :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 292005
    She couldn't take her eyes off him in the pool so much so she crashed her cart............... :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 292005
    That's the thing... the regular cleaners know the protocol... then the relief or whatever they call them, the cleaners that clean on the regs day off, are not the same..... we noticed that. Don't know if they are agency cleaners or not, not sure but they do *feel* different iykwim?

Our *relief* cleaner at Coronado Springs literally drooled all over my husband! She couldn't take her eyes off him in the pool so much so she crashed her cart............... :/

That must have been funny to see her crash her cart

Oh, I think you should post a photo of your hubby so we can all take a look as you're amongst friends He could be the Secrets eye candy

Ok, I'll be going now

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast