Thread: Day 12

Post Thanks / Like
    A fabulous sunny start to the day saw us traipsing off to Typhoon Lagoon to say goodbye to that particular park. Plenty of running around and going on slides, until one too many speed slides and tidal waves started to hurt.

Back to the hotel for a cinnamon roll and apple turnover. Half each, we're not that greedy to have one each!

Saw plenty of lizards today sunning themselves on the hot rocks. One particularly cheeky chappy decided to have his own sun lounger all to himself:

[ATTACH]12723.vB[/ATTACH]

Off to Hollywood Studios again for rides and dinner at Brown Derby.

[ATTACH]12724.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12725.vB[/ATTACH]

My steak and risotto were lovely but Jeff's noodles and tofu in red Thai sauce, while looking nice, had all the flavour of slightly salty water. Despite asking our waiter for an alternative, the best he could offer was grilled vegetables. For a Signature Restaurant that's pretty dire.
    He also made no effort to engage with us at the table the same he did with other diners, which was a little disheartening. Seems Deaf awareness isn't part of the customer service training for waiters?? We've had better service in some quick service areas.

Off to Fantasmic for the final time this trip. Always very good, despite people getting up to leave up to five minutes before the end. Why, when the best part is at the end??

Anyway no more moaning.

Today's hats, which we imposed on each other this time:

[ATTACH]12726.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12727.vB[/ATTACH]

Now, like two old dears, we are back at the hotel having a coffee and planning tomorrow's activities. Night all!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about the waiter and your meal :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Bwahahaha! Loved those hats. Might be worth your while if you go again, to eat off site?

Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad that soup didn't taste right as it looks yummy. What is that sticking up out of it? I agree with you, for a signature restaurant, it is a shame they couldn't offer anything better than grilled veggies.

Perhaps a letter to Disney regarding deaf customers might be in the offing? I find it hard to believe that they aren't aware of the problem, but maybe a little nudge to indicate that if indeed they are aware, that they aren't handling it well.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the photos and the hats!

But judging by the looks of it, I'm afraid you've given that poor girl in the background of the first hat photo a bit of a headache.

Either that, or she's incredibly jealous of your hat.

Tom (... at this point, we'll avoid further discussion of beavers.)

Post Thanks / Like
    The tall stick thing was lemongrass. Which we didn't eat, obviously. Smelled nice though.

Think the girl in the pic was just jealous. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    You've not really had much luck with the meals so far have you!
    Where has been your favourite meal of the holiday?

Post Thanks / Like
    Weirdly I think this time round the best all round food and dining experience has been at Chef Mickey. Great buffet, characters and nice atmosphere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkkent, post: 292115
    Weirdly I think this time round the best all round food and dining experience has been at Chef Mickey. Great buffet, characters and nice atmosphere.

Really?? Wow...come to think of it...it was quite good when we went too....but that was a breakfast.