Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks for some new ideas..

Post Thanks / Like
    ..for Katelyn's room!! She is growing up and Dh and I were thinking of doing something new with her room for her Birthday in November. She will be 6 (I know it!! How is it possible??), and she has had a Princess bedroom ever since she left her crib. We have already gotten rid of her Princess oven, desk, and a few other "big" items and now things are looking a little empty. 3 of her walls are pink and the back wall is purple. Her room is huge, so that isn't so much of an issue. I would like to keep the "little girl" feel and, of course, Disney is great..so any ideas??

Post Thanks / Like
    Too young for the villians then huh?!

How about using her favorite Disney movie and then tailoring it specifically towards that theme. Immerse her in that world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fairies :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for Fairies too! You could make that soooo pretty! I remember we moved Isabelle into the other bedroom here and i let her choose her own wallpaper, i really wanted her to have the fairy wallpaper, it was so pretty and had glitter on it! She wanted Cars. No. So we settled on something else instead!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the Villains would go over very well

Fairies are a great idea!! Off to do some research :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ask her what she wants?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 292259
    Did you ask her what she wants?
    No?!?!

Ha..yes, I did actually ask her and she came up with about 20 different things and then just kind of said whatever. There wouldn't be too much changing in her room since most of the "decoration" stuff are the stickers you can use on the walls. So those would be changing and maybe the curtains and comforter. I think she needs a big girl desk and I really don't know what else. I like the bold stripe and dot stuff that you see all around, but I think I will save that style for when she is older. I want to keep cute stuff as long as I can :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just one request...

NOT Barbie ;-) hehehehe

I do quite like Faeries! And I agree, Baleigh's room has run the course from cute to bold. Currently she has one entire wall painted with black chalkboard paint, the other three are hot pink. Everything in her room is hot pink, black and zebra stripped. It's awesome, but I've truly no idea how she sleeps in there!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 292266
    Just one request...

NOT Barbie ;-) hehehehe

I do quite like Faeries! And I agree, Baleigh's room has run the course from cute to bold. Currently she has one entire wall painted with black chalkboard paint, the other three are hot pink. Everything in her room is hot pink, black and zebra stripped. It's awesome, but I've truly no idea how she sleeps in there!!

I don't think there is any risk of Barbie showing up on the walls! Nope! Wow, Baleigh's room sounds amazing. but I think it would put me more on edge than to sleep I can picture Katie having a room like that someday, but with the size of her room (she has what used to be the master bedroom before we made a suite), I think we might give the chalkboard paint a miss :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 292274
    I don't think there is any risk of Barbie showing up on the walls! Nope! Wow, Baleigh's room sounds amazing. but I think it would put me more on edge than to sleep I can picture Katie having a room like that someday, but with the size of her room (she has what used to be the master bedroom before we made a suite), I think we might give the chalkboard paint a miss :)
    It really IS adorable, I'll have to post some photos. But I do agree, I have no idea how she actually falls asleep in there! You could always trim out a section and just do a small chalkboard area. It's been really neat to watch her and her friends draw, write and create. My favorite thing to see is when Andrew sneaks in there and leaves her a message (sometimes sweet, sometimes snarky, but always 100% Andrew). Before the first day of school this year, Andrew went in after she'd fallen asleep and wrote, "You'll be the best freshman EVER!" You do realize I cried, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast