Thread: My lovely niece is being interviewed on Radio 4s womens hour

Post Thanks / Like
    As some of you may know my lovely niece Amy Claire has a life limiting disease which is very rare, so rare in fact that they don't know what is causing her muscles and organs to slowly shut down Anyway a couple of years ago Amy was inspired, after watching the film Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, to write her own 'before I kick the bucket list'. To date she has over 250 things on the list from writing a book to owning an Aston Martin. Of course some of the things she will never achieve but her attitude is to plan as though she is going to live a full life, and to make the best of each day - 'make each day count, don't count the days'.

I am so proud of her. She is an amazing young woman, who despite her pain level being at 8 constantly, still manages to stay positive and bright.

If anyone wants to hear a fantastic and very funny young person, oh yes and very welsh please check her out on Radio 4 at 10am on Friday 29th September or on the Radio 4 website.

If you google Amy Claire Davies you can see various articles on her, if you're feeling a bit low give her a read she will make you feel better I promise.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    I will listen on iplayer afterwards, look forward to it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing young woman. Thanks for sharing, Sam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful niece with us, Sam.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Amy Claire did her interview yesterday on Radio 4. Apparently it's being aired again today, but we listened to it on the laptop as I was working at the time of her being on air. She sounds very grown up and very welsh, bless her. You get just a glimpse of her warped sense of humor but you do get to hear how she is a normal teenager despite her illness. I'm swelled up with pride.

My only disappointment is that I didn't get to hear her say 'lush' which she does use on a regular basis.
    Sam x