Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Candlelight Processional

Post Thanks / Like
    She can feel the beat. If you can think of it as hearing with the body? Most likely there was a mic or some other sound device layed on the floor for her so that the vibrations of the tempo were transmitted to her that way.

I have a deaf friend, and if I want to get her attention from across the room, I stamp my foot (perfectly acceptable in deaf culture). It's the same principle. My friend, when she goes out to dance stands very near the source of music. If it's a live band she's been known to ask them to play louder so she can feel the beat better. She too is a very graceful dancer.

Marlee Matlan is a huge role model in the deaf community.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 32041
    I know him quite well through my mom...his family has also been in the news quite heavily recently...he has a large family, including several daughters who were adopted from China. In May, his 17 year-old son accidentally hit the five year-old daughter with the family's SUV when she ran into its path....tragic story.

Marlee Matlin is a deaf actress well known for her role in Children of a Lesser God...I really enjoyed seeing her do the CP.

Edward James Almos is also an actor...
    Very sad about his five year old daughter. We saw him last year. Great show, all the family really enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know I've never done the Candlelight Processional. The line always just seemed too long & I worried we wouldn't be able to get a seat after waiting all that time. Just never sure if it would be worth the time it would take out of the day. Don't they have some dining package that gives you seats with it? If so, do you still have to wait in line?
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do the dining package and that includes a guaranteed seat, but yes you still have to wait on line.

It's worth doing once, by all means, if only for the music.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen it twice . Once with dining and once without . We got excellent , close to stage seats both times . If you believe it will give you goosebumps and tears will fill your eyes .
    I was wondering if there were an announcement of narrators that have yet TBA ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 176556
    You can do the dining package and that includes a guaranteed seat, but yes you still have to wait on line.

It's worth doing once, by all means, if only for the music.

So, would that mean you could show up later & not have to stand in line for over an hour if you have a guaranteed seat? or would you still have to do that?

I would like to try some things I never have before & this is one I've been curious about because I do love Christmas music but I also hate long lines, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    The ones w3ith special tickets from the dining package are in one line and the ones without in another . At least , thats the way they use to do it .

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw, ok, thanks Tinker. That makes sense : )

Now...just to get my booty there for the holidays sometime soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    The wait for the dining package seats is no where near as long as for the non-package seats.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast