Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15yr old school girl who ran off with teacher

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised there's no comments on it yet

So this is a 15yr old girl who was holding hands with her 30yr old maths teacher on school trips, everyone knew they were having some kind of relationship but the school did nothing

finally he runs away with her to France

They've now been found, he's been arrested and she's returned to England.

I'm amazed how many people seem to think its ok and teachers especially. I've even heard of english teachers telling their classes its like romeo and juliet and very romantic.

is it just me or is being a parent hard enough these days without not being able to trust the people supposed to be looking after children during the day?

I hope they make an example of him but what about the girl? Shouldnt she have known right from wrong at 15?? or was she so blinded by the relationship?

Post Thanks / Like
    You ask good questions. I too believe that at 15 someone has the understanding of life to be able to know right from wrong. She had to know she was worrying her parents, at least.

Parenting is extremely complex in this "day and age" and yes, having persons in a position of trust who go on to abuse that trust only make a parent's job that much more difficult (and quite honestly, frightening).

We don't want to turn today's children into paranoid fearful adults, but it's hard not to warn them that ANYONE can be dangerous. :(

We have things like this happen in the US all too often as well, so this is not something new here by any means. There are frequent reports in the news about teachers having sexual contact with their students. :( (Both women and men teachers, by the way).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I completely understand how the 15 yr old would think this is the best thing in the world. They don't see the big picture. BUT what is wrong with the adult??!!! I can't even imagine doing that. It's just wrong.

That being said, yes maybe they are soul mates blah blah blah. Well then wait till she is 18 and an adult and not your student and behave accordingly.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    i don't think that a 15 year old is mature enough to properly understand the consequences and realities of relationships and that is why we have the age of consent. She has been seduced by an older man, and i lay most of the blame at his door. For those who are in a position of trust it is unacceptable for them to behave like this. We're not talking about someone who finds out a girl he's picked up in a bar is underage after the event we are talking about a Teacher. It is abuse, end of story. Having said that a 15 year old does know right from wrong and she has exercised poor judgement, we have all done that i think, although on a less grand scale! Being the focus of the media and having to live with this for the rest of her life is punishment enough i think.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was young we had family friends a few doors away from us. The parents used to foster children and had a fair few passing though their door over the years, some of whom I became friends with.

When I was 15/16 and in my last year at school they fostered a girl my age and we bacame good friends, spending a great deal of time together, boyfriends and all that teenage stuff!

Another friend and I grew very suspicious when she started meeting her foster father every lunchtime, and more often than not being given a lift to school by him when previously she'd walked with us.

We talked it over and over and within a couple of weeks decided we should approach our head of year, she listened and called the foster mother who wasn't at all convinced there was anything between them.

They moved house to another part of town and we were even more convinced than ever when we found him walking out of her bedroom, both wearing robes. It was around this time that we all left high school.

Fast forward a couple of weeks to the Father dropping the Mother and their own children at her Mother's promising to collect her at tea time. He didn't arrive.

They made the national news and some weeks later were found working in a pub in Wales. He returned to the family home, i can't remember where she went. The marriage broke down and they went their separate ways. I lost touch with the family.

Some years later I found out the foster father and foster daughter had reformed their relationship, married and had 2 children. They stayed together for a number of years before splitting up.

I am vaguely in touch with the real daughter and son who were family friends before this all happened, i'm not sure where the father is now but know they are all happy in their relationship with their half siblings.

I will never forget the worry my friend and I went through as we began to realise something was happening between foster father and child, how we realised we absoultely had to voice our concerns only, and how we felt when the mother didn't believe (or accept) that anything untoward was happening.

She's a lovely, lovely lady who was terribly hurt at what her husband had done.

I know he wasn't her teacher but he was given responsibilty for this troubled child and even though she was rather 'advanced' it was absolutely shocking, as are all these cases.

I mean, I know relationships like this can work out well but it's wrong, even when the younger person turns 16.

Post Thanks / Like
    He is definitely in the wrong here. He is supposed to be teaching his students not seducing them. Unfortunately we see this from both sides of the fence with female teachers and male students as well as the side described here. Personally I think he should go to prison.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't doubt that the younger person used their wiles to seduce the older person. BUT the adult should know better and put a stop to it.

We had a very famous story here in the states where a female teacher was involved with her 13 year old student. She left her husband and 4 kids. Hot pregnant with the 13 year olds child. She went to prison and everything. She's out now. The boy is an adult and they are married. Personally I cannot imagine what I would ever have in common with a 13 year old.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember that case Johnie, I believe they now live in either WA or OR.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel for the children, for the simple fact that they will not truly understand this situation until they are older.

I remember my driver's ed teacher being the most attractive person I knew at the time. To be honest, I would have done anything for him (back then) and not thought twice about it. Of course, he was always professional and appropriate....but had he not been, I wouldn't have understood the gravity of the situation until much later.

Post Thanks / Like
    So very true. Children and teens have no idea of the consequences. They may know something is wrong but no clue as to how it will affect everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast