Thread: Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys not sure who uses facebook and I don't usually pass these on but this one is worth a mention!!!
    It seems facebook has decided that everyone should be able to see your private one to one messages by posting them on your timeline. It starts from 2010 and goes back to when you joined.
    It will show on your timeline as so many friends have posted on so and sos timeline.
    If you used the private messaging or even the instant chat then there will be a crazy amount of posts from friends on there.
    You can hide them but you have to be on the computer to do it. Next to the line that reads so many posts by friends etc hover at the end of the grey box and a pencil will come up. Click on that and you have the option to hide.
    You have to do this for each year. Personally I can't believe they have done this and this could potentially cause a lot of people a lot of problems.
    Hope I have made sense (I couldn't copy the message from facebook to here on my phone)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is a hoax

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly I looked on mine and all my old messages and chats were on there.
    What shows up on your timeline is what your friend has written to you and then on their timeline it's what you have replied and so on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't find anything that was private on mine, I have the highest privacy level though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 293160
    I think this is a hoax
    It's not exactly a hoax, but it's not what people think either.

In the early days of facebook, there were no private messages or instant chat. So the way it worked was, you would post on my wall "happy birthday Keith" and I'd reply on YOUR wall and say "thanks you, hows life" and we'd have a conversation across the two walls. That was always public so nothing is being made available that was private before hand, it's just that they now show up in the timelines so people are noticing them.

That's the situation as I understand it anyway. It's not private messages or instant chat being made available publicly.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 293168
    It's not exactly a hoax, but it's not what people think either.

In the early days of facebook, there were no private messages or instant chat. So the way it worked was, you would post on my wall "happy birthday Keith" and I'd reply on YOUR wall and say "thanks you, hows life" and we'd have a conversation across the two walls. That was always public so nothing is being made available that was private before hand, it's just that they now show up in the timelines so people are noticing them.

That's the situation as I understand it anyway. It's not private messages or instant chat being made available publicly.
    Ahhhh! Thank you for the clarification. I think the important thingie remember is don't put anything on there that you wouldn't want the whole world reading! Lol